1985-86 - The Boleyn Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's outrageous.

Villa had their show on "Football's Greatest". They were 'kin rank compared to that Everton team that succeeded them and the EC they won they had to beat basically BM in the final. Then there's documentaries on Arsenal's George Graham team and the "Invincible" season they had under Wenger. FFS even Wimbledon have had a special on them.

It needs looking at. Sky and BT have their commissioning editors and they can presumably be contacted and petitoned....
Maybe Kenwright could do a musical...

Catterick's another one who seems to fall short of the all singin' all dancin' Sky Sports/BT Sports criteria for "interesting subject matter".

You have to be a massive ego AND to have achieved or you're too boring to merit attention.

Anyone reading the Rob Sawyer book on Catterick will tell you how engrossing his personality was...it's just the bird brain media who dictate that only those with a line in put downs and/or scandals can be made interesting to watch.
At the time the one criticism that we levelled at Catterick was his reserved nature compared to the odious Shankly. His big gob never stopped moving and it gave the RS a much higher profile. I much prefer Cattericks style , I hate egotists like Shankly , but his gob was a major advantage to the RS as much as his coaching.

At the time the one criticism that we levelled at Catterick was his reserved nature compared to the odious Shankly. His big gob never stopped moving and it gave the RS a much higher profile. I much prefer Cattericks style , I hate egotists like Shankly , but his gob was a major advantage to the RS as much as his coaching.
There's even a subject matter for a documentary there: the different characters of the two managers vying for supremacy on Merseyside. I think that's the only way we'll get a Sky or BT documentary, associating with those media whores.

Indeed...this guy started all the "entitlement" crap which lingers on to this day.....no wonder Paisley et al didn't want him near the tin mine after he left...and some Evertonians still laud him...sheesh !!

There's even a subject matter for a documentary there: the different characters of the two managers vying for supremacy on Merseyside. I think that's the only way we'll get a Sky or BT documentary, associating with those media whores.
I like the idea. It would end with 'Shanks' skulking around Bellefield with a dog on a rope, because the RS wanted nothing to do with him.

Indeed...this guy started all the "entitlement" crap which lingers on to this day.....no wonder Paisley et al didn't want him near the tin mine after he left...and some Evertonians still laud him...sheesh !!
My Dad and Uncle both Everton through and through, were of the age when it was common for Evertonians to go to Anfield occasionally to watch the RS . It was the onset of big gob that stopped them doing this and began the change from good natured rivalry to the embittered hatred it often is now. So, yes the fact that some Evertonians recall him with some kind of affection is pure anathema to me.

images (1).jpg

Right up the 'R's the courageous story of a team of misfits that shook the football world by finishing second

Status
Not open for further replies.