Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not really sure what the point is of these Ross or Gylfi questions since only one of them wants to play for us. Why not ask whether we should get Gylfi or James? Gylfi or Isco? Gylfi or Hamsik? These are all equally likely to he here going forward as Ross

Swansea play in a way, where everything goes through Sigurdsson. That was not the case when he was at Tottenham- hence he couldn't make the step up. To get the best out of him, is to play to his strengths - but am not sure Koeman will set the team that way.

we're going to be paying nearly £50m for him, he'll be a main focal point of attack for us too.

Sigurdson is obviously not in a rush either as so am sure he would have put in a transfer request by now...I am wonder if he is not waiting for another team to make a move. I am sure that if Real Madrid was after him like we have been he would have made a lot more noise about leaving the club. At this stage now might be better for us to wait transfer deadline day as I am sure other better options might become available for less money.

Yep, i'm sure teams will be queuing up to sell top quality playmakers on the last day of transfer deadline day. All of them will obviously have been there and done it in the prem before as well. Eriksen, Ozil, Sanchez, Silva etc. They'll all come available soon enough for less money and jump at the chance to play for us.

... watch this space.

Not really sure what the point is of these Ross or Gylfi questions since only one of them wants to play for us. Why not ask whether we should get Gylfi or James? Gylfi or Isco? Gylfi or Hamsik? These are all equally likely to he here going forward as Ross
But honestly, that's what posters should be doing rather than just dismissing Gylfi as "bang average" or comparing him to Ross. Or even worse, thinking he's redundant to what we have because they've never seen him play and think he's a holding middy, which he's not. Is it a good investment? That's a lot of change for Sigurdsson. I love the guy, think he's a terrific player, but man, that's a LOT of money.

Until I look for the other playmakers we could get and it's not a great list. I do like Seri, he's a decent option. But some of the others, not so much. And there have been some ridiculous comparisons. When it comes down to it, he wants to play for us, he's REALLY good, and he'll help us tremendously.

Status
Not open for further replies.