Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who got more assists, ross or gylf? Couldn't care less who creates more chances, I want productivity.
Rather a player that produces from open play than one that relies on the lucky dip that is a set piece. Out the two I know which one of prefer and it ain't gylfi

Rather a player that produces from open play than one that relies on the lucky dip that is a set piece. Out the two I know which one of prefer and it ain't gylfi
It's not a choice we have though. Forget Ross, he doesn't want to play for Everton.
Your comparison needs to be between Gylfie and some other achievable target.

It's not a choice we have though. Forget Ross, he doesn't want to play for Everton.
Your comparison needs to be between Gylfie and some other achievable target.

Literally this - I love Ross but he doesn't want to play for us. He doesn't want to stay and won't sign the contract.

Comparing anything to him is pointless.

Can't wait for this transfer to be done and dusted though and Gylfi can get cracking and show his worth.

Swansea play in a way, where everything goes through Sigurdsson. That was not the case when he was at Tottenham- hence he couldn't make the step up. To get the best out of him, is to play to his strengths - but am not sure Koeman will set the team that way.

EFC Statto needs to read up on football analytics.

Long shots taken is a terrible stat. It indicates the player is producing high volumes of low chance shots.

Accurate crosses also. It doesn't tell us whether the cross was a high up and under that had no chance of being scored from or a ball whipped across the 6 yard box that was missed by a few inches but was "inaccurate" as no-one touched it.

The best stat for creative players is expected assists. This adds up the chances of a goal being scored from every chance created (and means you aren't punished for laying on chances for a terrible striker or rewarded for playing square passes on the halfway line to Messi). By that measure Sigurdsson was two players last year, a set piece master (top from free kicks) and a woeful outfield player (not even in the top 70 in xA).
Like this always happy to learn something new How does Barkley stack up in expected assists

EFC Statto needs to read up on football analytics.

Long shots taken is a terrible stat. It indicates the player is producing high volumes of low chance shots.

Accurate crosses also. It doesn't tell us whether the cross was a high up and under that had no chance of being scored from or a ball whipped across the 6 yard box that was missed by a few inches but was "inaccurate" as no-one touched it.

The best stat for creative players is expected assists. This adds up the chances of a goal being scored from every chance created (and means you aren't punished for laying on chances for a terrible striker or rewarded for playing square passes on the halfway line to Messi). By that measure Sigurdsson was two players last year, a set piece master (top from free kicks) and a woeful outfield player (not even in the top 70 in xA).

Nice one.

The other thing I've noticed is a lack of attention paid to Everton's ability to A) Draw fouls in dangerous positions and B) Get onto the end of free kicks. The current side without Lukaku, Barkley and Davies (on the bench) seems to grade out as average to below average in those areas, which naturally diminishes the value of Sigurdsson's set piece ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.