Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've improved the squad. It's been a hugely impressive window so far. The team may take some time to gel but we're going to have a completely different way of playing so that's to be expected - but it'll make it so losing Lukaku won't be the knock-out blow it could have been.

Still holes that need to be filled. We're in the process of trying to get two of those filled with real quality players which unfortunately seems to be taking a bit longer.
It hasn't been a hugely successful window until we can judge how the new players perform.

Well,its the swansea open training thing today isnt it,so expect a few swansea fans to say hes told them hes staying or told them hes going lol I just wish this would hurry up,its going on way to long now

It hasn't been a hugely successful window until we can judge how the new players perform.

Well that can be fired at any team then.

We've brought in some very good players who, on paper at least, improve us.

Still work to be done, and then it's about how the team gels and how we set-up moving forward.

There are some right whoppers in here at the mo. Summer transfer window certainly does bring out all sorts...

Taxi-Driver-Quotes-19.jpg

I don't get how some of you think inter Milan are bigger than us?

I think you're right in as much that they have dropped off over recent years, but when you think "bigger", people will generally think of how prevalent they have been on the world (well, European) stage over the last 20 odd years:

01/02 - EL Semi-finals
02/03 - CL Semi-finals
03/04 - EL Sem-finals
04/05 - CL Quarter finals
05/06 - CL Quarter finals
06/07 - CL first knock-out
07/08 - CL first knock-out
08/09 - CL first knock-out
09/10 - CL Final (won)
10/11 - CL Quarter finals
11/12 - CL first knock-out
12/13 - EL last 16
13/14 -
14/15 - EL last 16
15/16 -
16/17 - EL Group Stage

It's not like they have been breezing through an easy league then getting ditched out at the first stage when mixing it with Europe's best, yeah since 2012 their record is not diss-similar to ours but I would have to say they are still bigger than us, all things considered.

anyway, Gylfi Sigurdsson and that

Hopefully he's not there and is filming suspenseful scenes at FF for his unveiling

Sadly he was involved in a fatal accident this morning when he sky dived into FF without a parachute, the plan was for Kenwright to be stood at the entrance and the camera to pan across as Gylfi falls from the sky to certain death, only for Bill to catch him and then flash a cheesy grin at the camera.

Sadly Bill was pre-occupied telling stories of wild nights out with Andrew Lloyd Webber and how Andrew's face is naturally that way and he wasn't the victim of a chemical attack. The camera pans out and you can just make out Bill scraping up Gylfi to post him back to Swansea with a copy of an unsigned contract enclosed.

Status
Not open for further replies.