Homepage Update: £40m Bid Made For Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 12 players for 5 positions.

Currently we have 10 players for 3 positions...

This is yet another nonsense.

Front 3: Sandro, Rooney, Mirallas and Bolasie who is injured till December even you take youngstars DCL and Lookman into consideration you have 6.

Lennon will be off soon.

Defo leaving:Niaase (what are you smoking?) won't get a game he will be sold. Barkley won't be here after 31/8. He is injured till the end of August and won't play.

Unless you are not allowed to sell players who are deemed not to be good enough by the manager.

Speed of thought worth double actual speed. However put the two together..

Best example:- Bergkamp and Henry

Whereas we have had 3 seconds to think playmakers and headless chicken wide fast men.

Think Gylfi and Sandro could be good.
Gylfi Sandro link up play will produce some beautiful goals mark my words. Add Rooney and our future Forward (mystery) and you get sex fest.

Sigurdsson is a playmaker.

Lookman is a forward.

They play different positions. They offer different things.

If you don't think we need improvement on the creative side Zat, you're deluded. Sorry mate.

See when I read things like this I think I must be watching a different player to other people. Or I define "playmaker" completely differently to you.

To me a playmaker is someone who gets on the ball a lot, makes lots of clever passes and is always buzzing around and making himself available.

That is so not Sigurdsson's game. He is a neat and tidy midfielder who plays extremely directly in that he will almost always attempt a shot or cross when he has the ball.

The stats back my impression up entirely. He touches the ball massively less than most players but has a lot more shots and attempted crosses than average. The idea that he is some kind of creative force or clever passer who opens up defences is just not how I've ever seen him play.

Sigurdsson is a playmaker.

Lookman is a forward.

They play different positions. They offer different things.

If you don't think we need improvement on the creative side Zat, you're deluded. Sorry mate.

in a 433 where would Sigurdsson play and where would Lookman play?

Lookman has played on the left mostly for Charlton (from what I remember) and for England youth (from what ive seen) so I would expect him to play in the left forward position.

Sigurdsson has been on the left for Swansea but for Iceland in the centre of midfield

So...?

Also, I don't consider Sigurdsson a playmaker or Lookman a forward lol

Thats cos you are a moron who doesnt understand football Zat.

In a 4-2-3-1 Iceland plays in the 10, Lookman plays on the left of the 3.
In a 4-3-3 Iceland plays in the tip of the 3 in midfield and Lookman plays on the left of the 3.

You simply try and fit things in to suit an agenda, its laughable, get a clue, come back and we can talk more.

Alan Myers currently giving off the impression that nothing is imminent with this.

If nothing happens this week then someone is taking the piss.

How complicated can finalising this deal be? Surely all the legwork has been done?

I realise we're having our pants pulled down by Swansea, but we need to move onto more pressing areas ASAP so just pay up and move on

in a 433 where would Sigurdsson play and where would Lookman play?

Lookman has played on the left mostly for Charlton (from what I remember) and for England youth (from what ive seen) so I would expect him to play in the left forward position.

Sigurdsson has been on the left for Swansea but for Iceland in the centre of midfield

So...?

Where will Lookman play is hardly the pressing issue of the squad. He's a kid. He can come off the bench, he can rotate in cup games. He'll force a regular starting slot when he's ready. But it won't be this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.