£300k fine for Goodison pitch invasion (vs palace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@davek If he had been fined you have been moaning about the leniency of that and insisting he be marched down Walton Road and pelted with rocks.
......And then you’d have moaned about the size of the rocks!
He should have been on an assault charge.

Anyone does that in everyday life would be.

The teenager goaded him but never threatened him. Vieira kicked him and tried to kick him again. He had safe passage across that pitch and reacted because he's a big 'kin child himself who couldnt stand getting beat.

I have no idea why you're defending a grown man attacking a teenager. Maybe you can explain?

He should have been on an assault charge.

Anyone does that in everyday life would be.

The teenager goaded him bit never threatened him. Vieira kicked him and tried to kick him again. He had safe passage across that pitch and reacted because he's a big 'kin child himself who couldnt stand getting beat.

I have no idea why youlre defending a grown man attacking a teenager. Maybe you can explain?
Ha! We get beat most weeks and he never does that.
Show me where I defended him? As if he needed defending.

Ha! We get beat most weeks and he never does that.
Show me where I defended him? As if he needed defending.
You implied it.

Vieira got away with that. The media - surprise surprise - framed his assualt as being self-defence. Basically, they turned up on the night expecting and relishing that Everton woud be beaten and that we'd be almost relegated - and they didn't get their way. Then they lashed out at a very understandable pitch invasion.

Last edited:

You implied it.

Vieira got away with that. The media - surprise surprise - framed his assualt as being self-defence. Basically, they turned up on the night expecting and relishing that Everton woud be beaten and that we'd be almost relegated - and they didn't get their way. The they lashed out at a very understandable pitch invasion.
What we agree on is that the pitch invasion was very understandable as well as joyful and mostly harmless.
The rest, I hope we can agree to differ.

Status
Not open for further replies.