2021/22 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal literally made a silk purse out of a sows ear when they got us to buy this fella - people defending him is baffling, even though he isn't the only issue.

He was never, ever worth what we spent on him, we all can agree on that but somehow he has actually got worse since he's been with us.

Says it all when a kid like Simms should have been the sub yesterday for Gray - not this waste of a squad number.

You do have to, you’ve just tried to tell us he was one of our better players.
Honest question: if I did go through and pull out video clips of him doing positive things would it even matter? Because they do exist from Sunday. I don't have the time or desire to actually go rewatch the game, make little clips and post them here, but would it matter? Or would we just have a bunch of excuses for why no actually none of that is good or it all doesn't matter?

Honest question: if I did go through and pull out video clips of him doing positive things would it even matter? Because they do exist from Sunday. I don't have the time or desire to actually go rewatch the game, make little clips and post them here, but would it matter? Or would we just have a bunch of excuses for why no actually none of that is good or it all doesn't matter?

Well if you include completing a pass to a team mate as something positive then I suppose he did occasionally do that. But no, he did nothing positive of any actual substance. You won’t be able to find a single clip of him contributing to setting up an attack, I dare you to try.

Well if you include completing a pass to a team mate as something positive then I suppose he did occasionally do that. But no, he did nothing positive of any actual substance.
Still not true I don't think. He had a few good moments that I remember which again is pretty much over the bar for having played well compared to the most the squad.

Still not true I don't think. He had a few good moments that I remember which again is pretty much over the bar for having played well compared to the most the squad.

I remember the ball arriving at his feet in good attacking positions several times and at no point did I expect anything to come of it, and I was proven right every time.

Worst £ for £ signing we’ve ever made in my opinion.
It will be up there with World Footballs worst ever pound for pound buy when the inevitable happens and he leaves on a free in *sigh* 30 months time as nobody will pay actual money for him .
We might get him a loan move to Turkey when they MIGHT pay ten percent of his wages.
There must be at least one under 18s player that would contribute more than this supposed full international player .
Maybe someone when they actually come across a loose ball don't immediately give it away .
Someone who can cross in-between 2 inches and 2 miles and maybe get in the vicinity of an Everton player with it .
Someone who who can at least pretend they have a slither of professionalism and integrity .
There's quite a few peeps here who will stick up for RB but everybody who has at least 2 of their senses can see that this man makes Ali Dia look like Messi .

The biggest issue with me Iwobi, for me is just his incapacity to close down or move towards a ball to collect it. There was a moment yesterday when the ball was played to him and he just stood still, never moved a muscle until the City full back strolled past him and took the ball. He seems unaware of his surroundings all the time, whether he has the ball or not. His decisions when covering Digne or Coleman seem off and seems to have very little understanding of his fellow players, or what they're going to do. There maybe an answer as to why, and personally I think its because he just doesn't have the concentration required to be a top class footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.