2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think the club have handled this very well to be honest. I think Pickford should have publicly ‘apologised’ or at least acknowledged it, and the club should have put some of their own PR out to spin whatever angle they want. Just sitting back while this circus rolls on isn’t great I don’t think.

I prefer the way we've gone about it. Completely ignoring the situation and not descending to their media attention-seeking level. Pickford will get support behind the scenes and I'm sure the players just want to focus on Southampton and not have any of the nonsense drag on.

Absolutely no public apology needed by anybody whatsoever. It was an incident in the game, that's it. Their player bore the brunt of it and got injured and their fans can't handle it. Everton's silence is correct - nobody should be pandering to that pathetic excuse of a football club and fanbase. Nobody has died here, an operation will leave the player having arguably a stronger knee than before the incident. He's not losing his livelihood and the fans aren't out of pocket. I really struggle to fathom how it's been able to spiral to out of control like this, as if it was a balaclava-wearing Pickford who got caught kneecapping him in the dead of night. They've shown themselves up big time here, again.

Absolutely no public apology needed by anybody whatsoever. It was an incident in the game, that's it. Their player bore the brunt of it and got injured and their fans can't handle it. Everton's silence is correct - nobody should be pandering to that pathetic excuse of a football club and fanbase. Nobody has died here, an operation will leave the player having arguably a stronger knee than before the incident. He's not losing his livelihood and the fans aren't out of pocket. I really struggle to fathom how it's been able to spiral to out of control like this, as if it was a balaclava-wearing Pickford who got caught kneecapping him in the dead of night. They've shown themselves up big time here, again.

We should apologise. And then keep apologising, until it becomes absolutely clear we're taking the p-p-p-biscuit out of them.

They play a CL game tonight against a decent side. That should be a distraction, take the sting out of this and everyone moves on with their lives. Blerts. There’s a lot more significant issues in this part of the world right now than their needy craving of the spotlight.

They play a CL game tonight against a decent side. That should be a distraction, take the sting out of this and everyone moves on with their lives. Blerts. There’s a lot more significant issues in this part of the world right now than their needy craving of the spotlight.

Joking aren't you? Pound to a penny this will be mentioned within 2 minutes of the coverage starting. And then again when the commentators get to pipe up.

Every newspapers back page headlines are taken up with this crap.
Club should throw it's hat in the ring here and back Pickford, remember the outpouring of sadness around Son after he had done Gomes?
50% of the country thought it must have been Andre's fault for putting his leg in the way.
Sorry, I don't care who we upset, we have to go in and stand up to them and their biased press.
Ban them from any interviews, Ferguson wouldn't have stood by and let all this shyte go on.

superb ;)

I prefer the way we've gone about it. Completely ignoring the situation and not descending to their media attention-seeking level. Pickford will get support behind the scenes and I'm sure the players just want to focus on Southampton and not have any of the nonsense drag on.
Hopefully Ancelotti has put the players in a little bubble, where they aren't following any of this. Instead just concentrating on the Southampton game. When he's asked in his presser, I like him to say something along the lines of "that's last week's news. It's all done and dusted. I'm here to talk about the Southampton game". Same with any Everton players who get interviewed.

At this point, with the continuing witch hunt, gotta ask yourself wether Pickford may as well have just intentionally tried to snap VVDs leg and end his career anyways. He’s getting the same treatment.

That's kind of my point though, it very much is dragging on. A quick statement saying 'What happened was awful and as a player you never want to be involved in something like that but obviously it wasn't intentional. Anyone saying I meant to do it obviously doesn't know me but they might get to know my lawyers' would have helped I think.I said that Son should publicly acknowledge what happened with Gomes and I think the same here. It's not a matter of actually apologising, just fronting up and not making it look like you've gone into hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.