2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t think the club have handled this very well to be honest. I think Pickford should have publicly ‘apologised’ or at least acknowledged it, and the club should have put some of their own PR out to spin whatever angle they want. Just sitting back while this circus rolls on isn’t great I don’t think.

I don't wish ill on anyone but cannot wait to see the reaction when one of the RS unintentionally take out an opponent, lets see the media run with it then, will their own players come out and throw their own player under the bus saying how unacceptable it is? Honestly cannot believe such a witch hunt for what any sane person can see was an unintentional injury. At no point has Pickford gone out to 'do' him.

It just baffles me that so many people can jump on a bandwagon. What happened to perspective and rationale. For all the ex players who know how these things happen in a game of football who are in the media, you should be ashamed of yourselves for the absolute ridiculousness of what you spout, you all should know better than to feed the frenzy of the 'Liverpool' supporters and their lust for vengeance.

Its been done to the death this now.

If we are honest as fans we dont want to see any player suffering injury .
Its an ACL injury and most if not all come back as good as ever , there are far worse injuries a player can get .

It was reckless , as that there is no doubt but nowhere near the intent we've seen other injuries in the past ie Gomes.
The media , ex players ,ex refs and pundits have been having a field day with this.

All parties seriously need to move on from this as i can see this as having a totally detrimental effect on our good start to the season.

Its been done to the death this now.

If we are honest as fans we dont want to see any player suffering injury .
Its an ACL injury and most if not all come back as good as ever , there are far worse injuries a player can get .

It was reckless , as that there is no doubt but nowhere near the intent we've seen other injuries in the past ie Gomes.
The media , ex players ,ex refs and pundits have been having a field day with this.

All parties seriously need to move on from this as i can see this as having a totally detrimental effect on our good start to the season.

I'd happily see every Liverpool player, past, present and future have their achilles tendons ripped out in freak gardening accidents mate.

what a ridiculous line of thought

we get to a Cup final, you better believe i'm hoping their best players get injured beforehand

doesnt mean personally smacking their knees with a crowbar

Don’t think the club have handled this very well to be honest. I think Pickford should have publicly ‘apologised’ or at least acknowledged it, and the club should have put some of their own PR out to spin whatever angle they want. Just sitting back while this circus rolls on isn’t great I don’t think.

Pickford apparently offered his apology, Van Dijk never accepted it.

No way would I go public after that.

Dont think the club have to say anything- if they do, it will only fan the flames and the circus will roll on even more. Best reaction is no reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.