Match Thread Everton v Newcastle United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye same however all of them lack the right mentality which is now showing to be the clubs real problem at present:

Coleman - barks around but absolutely craps the bed with his own performances

Davies - no football nous whatsoever

Delph - billy big with a crap attitude

Keane - terrified of his own shadow

Its these weak mentalities alongside the jokers like Niasse that we need shut of ASAP.
What about England's no.1. My god.

I said to my mate when we were 2 up with 10mins to go that I've seen them coming back from 2down three times to either beat us 3-2 or grab a draw

What about England's no.1. My god.

1. Who will sign him for the money we would want?

2. Who out there is better?

Sadly there are about 4 positions that require major investment before the GK.

For me if we had a leader dominant CM & CB Pickford wouldnt have the opportunity to cock up as games would be closed out.

I think last night was a watershed moment for me in that im jacking it off until next season.

Too many players we need shipping out which wont happen this season it'll only happen hopefully from the summer.

We'll finish about 10th whilst clubs like Leicester & Wolves continue to play in europe and push ahead of us financially/in FFP's eyes which in return allows them to bolster their sides more than us.
Ooer

I am still in shock. Some of the players could have done better but although I like Carlo a degree of blame rests on hid shoulders.

Putting Coleman in place of Kean was a terrible subbing should have been Gordon. By putting Coleman this upset the balance of the defence which had been fine until then
Then Davies for Bernard was bad as well, another attacker off. These subs effectively surrendered space so their defenders could press forward. Davies was nigh on useless as was Walcott and Niassie.

Rather than this subbing would have been better to have the starting line up stay for the whole game.

The problem is it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy - the players dont care because when it happens its "Everton that"

Remember Pickford saying last season something like "we get no luck at Anfield"

These mental things 100000% play on the players minds and until something changes like a freak cup win I cant see that ever changing unless we sign 11 mentally tough players with every single current squad member booted which just isnt happening.

I’ve always thought wages should be performance based, not sure how it could be done though. But how it is at the moment is if they want to take a day off it doesn’t matter to them they still get paid. We’ve had a few strolling around our midfield like that this season.

The simple answer is lower the basic wage. I.E salary cap the wage bill and increase performance based bonus like it used to be back in the day.
Clean sheet bonus
Win bonus.
Goal bonus.
Appearance Money.

We have too many highly paid Prima Donna'S who are quite happy putting in sub standard performances week in week out, happy in the knowledge that they will collect their wedge every month regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.