2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise surprise, Tom getting scapegoated again.

Any other club, the kid is supported, nurtured. As a blue, he should be treasured. He's far far from a bad or incapable Footballer.

Unsurprising to see a young player being inconsistent in a poor team, under his 8th manager in less than 4 years.

Really hope he sticks it out and stays because he'll be an England player and a future Everton captain. Still think top six clubs would consider him if we were looking to move him on.
You never cease to amaze

Eddie Howe would nurture Tom into the next Paul Scholes.
More chance of him turning into this lad

All the fingers are pointed at Carlo but lets get one thing (okay two or three things) very clear.

Nobody in management, nobody in the stands, nobody sitting at home can take the blame for two key pieces of play that invited needless pressure onto our defence which collapsed.

1. Oumar Niasse's touch when two v one on lascelles (IIRC). Had the absoloute piece of dog turd not had a touch that makes Lukaku's first touch look like prime Zidane, we could of been 3-0 up or at the very least pressed into their half. Instead its a inexcusable touch and Newcastle ended up pressed into our half.
2. Tom Davies (someone i defend alot) simply isnt good enough at this level. I had a debate with the fella behind me who doesnt rate davies (never shouts at the kid or anything tbf) who highlighted the amount of times he loses possession needlessly in dangerous positions or moments of a game. He did exactly that which like Niasse, invited pressure on our backline when we should of been pressed into their half.
3. I dont want to hear any fan who left around the 80th-83rd minute mark talk about Everton switching off. The groud had many visible seats in view where we the fans thought it was all over. So instead of getting the lads over the line most of you were too busy prioritizing a late night pint over supporting the team - our home support has become a joke in recent years. Cant wait to boo our own players, start kicking off if we arent 2-0 up inside 20 minutes. Then leaving with a cock sure attitude the game is won. I bet most are quick enough jumping on a forum or social media to complain when they seen the score though. HATERS INCOMING.

Last night was a massive opportunity to look upwards but i still think we are looking over our shoulder. Rather not lose but a point at home isnt worth much against sides around us.

2 players where the catalyst for me, I sit in lower bullens by corner flag.
Davies and digne absolutely chewing it, they had 2 opportunities to go up the line and where I was sitting dcl had the cb deep in a perfect position to receive a ball to hold and game over.
Digne should know better and Davies trying to play tippy tappy when he had neither the physique aggression or pace to get out of a hole

He’ll be coming against us in the league cup for an Oldham Athletic type team in 2 years time. File under Rodwell, Gosling & Jose Baxter type players.

Status
Not open for further replies.