Why does this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is really grim now. Even a massive purge of the players wouldn't just fix things, there needs to be a purge of people at the top of this club at boardroom level who are dragging us down and fostering this losers mentality on the club. Neither of those things are happening so ultimately there isn't a solution. All we can hope for in the years to come is a "good season" where we end up real contenders for the nose bleeding nose heights of 6th place! There's just to much to do and the powers that be at the club don't have the motivation to do it.

players switch off was last nights fault. If they never you woudnt of posted this.

I sat here trying to type out a long and logical answer to this but I just can’t. We are an incredibly strange entity.

This is really grim now. Even a massive purge of the players wouldn't just fix things, there needs to be a purge of people at the top of this club at boardroom level who are dragging us down and fostering this losers mentality on the club. Neither of those things are happening so ultimately there isn't a solution. All we can hope for in the years to come is a "good season" where we end up real contenders for the nose bleeding nose heights of 6th place! There's just to much to do and the powers that be at the club don't have the motivation to do it.

I knew this was Bill's fault.

players switch off was last nights fault. If they never you woudnt of posted this.
But they did switch off didn't they? Because just like a few weeks back when we lost of a bunch of kids in the derby and a month earier when we got murdered at Kalnfiled it's painfully obvious that we've got a serious problem that goes deeper then the team just being crap.

So yeah maybe I wouldn't be posting my OP today but I'd be posting something similar when the next inevitable humiliation hits us. Because like that are just part and parcel of the club these days. We're a disgrace.

I didn't mention Kenwright, he's got his own thread if you want to talk about him.

So which people at the "top of the club who are dragging us down and fostering a losers mentality" are you purging? Moshiri who has brought in Ancelotti, owns the majority of the shares and is building us a stadium? Brands who told us 18 months ago this was a 3 or 4 year project?

So which people at the "top of the club who are dragging us down and fostering a losers mentality" are you purging? Moshiri who has brought in Ancelotti, owns the majority of the shares and is building us a stadium? Brands who told us 18 months ago this was a 3 or 4 year project?
Its painfully obvious who I'm talking about. If i wanted to go into further details I'd post in their own thread.

What would that achieve?

You think they’re not absolutely gutted that we somehow managed to concede 2 injury time goals last night?

Ridiculous

But no other team of professional footballers would have done that last night mate.

1 minute to go and the following players instead of just running it into the corner flag / passing it around the back to kill the minute up kill us:

Niasse
Delph
Davies
Digne
Pickford (flapping)

Thats nearly half of the team not doing their job - thats just simply unacceptable for me and we need to make a stand now or we'll let it'll become a self fulfilling prophecy in the dressing room of "Everton that". We will forever be nothing more than a banter club.

Last night was just further confirmation that we need a massive clearout, but it is going to take a long time as not many clubs will want any of this lot!

We struggle mentally when trying to hold onto a lead. I can only liken us to a golfer who plays nicely for the first 3 rounds builds up a healthy lead only to spend his final round going into his shell making all the wrong decisions and ultimately choking the tournament away.
Constant collapses have got into our heads to the point that even when we do win we more or less fall over the line having to endure a torturous last few mins when it shouldn't have been that way. Look at Brighton we should have hammered them but the demons kicked in and we ended up scraping over the line. Watford first home game was similar. I thought Newcastle away last season was bad but the home game last night topped that.
As stated by many above a long term attitude and culture change is needed but this won't happen overnight.

Too many players on easy street. Easy money, no pressure to perform and in some cases no threat to their place in squad or starting 11. And one or two with insanely inflated self worth.

easy street..

(live picture)

Status
Not open for further replies.