Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He started to pipe up about a striker and a defender in August after he'd just brought in 4 players with Siggurdson still on going. It was also after a lackluster pre season.

The defender was clearly due to Funes Mori's injury and always short term. Hence the Thomas Vermhalen shouts. So we'd still have a Williams, Jagielka dilemma.

As for a striker, we were never linked to a main striker until he mentioned it. The main target was Oliver Giroud. To me, if a striker was top priority you don't spend £45mill on a midfielder, and your top striker isn't Oliver Giroud.

Add to the fact Koeman's always said he wanted goals from everywhere and not just reliant on a striker. Case in point with buying Klassen, Siggurdson, Rooney, Sandro. All players who have 10+ goals in a season previously.

Say if he even did bring in a striker, the biggest problem is lack of creativity.

Last season Koeman had a problem with a static forward line with no energy from midfield until Davies came in. However he still had a player that created, and a player who scored.

Good post mate.

I sincerely hope that wasn't the case, I really don't think it was.

Personally I think he planned a reduction in Lukaku goals and a 15 a year striker, while Klassen, Siggy, Rooneys and Sandro were planned to supplement and make up the short fall.

It baffles me that people think it's fine to give the man more games when all the odds look like given two more weeks, our season will be ruined and consigned to the dustbin.

I could understand that if it looked like he might change but its getting obvious he is to stubborn and we dont even look like turning it around, and unlike Kendall in 83 he seems to have no passion for Everton, it dosent even look important to him

I think he's decent yes. But it's not working here at all. He's a terrible fit here at the minute. And his negative Koemoyes approach isn't good enough.

He doesn't want to sign a new contract even if he miraculously turned it round. Why do we owe him any loyalty?

I think he's a good manager, in many ways he's being doing his jobs restrictively since he came. In the two biggest transfer windows we have had the board have failed to land key targets essentially. I think we over performed last year with largely the sa,e squad, I thought it was a great achievement. This year I feel the progress he has tried to make has been undermined again by poor negotiation and getting deals over the line. There is a consistent problem that's undermined everything and the investment this summer. Is the problem the first team coach not for me.

It baffles me that people think it's fine to give the man more games when all the odds look like given two more weeks, our season will be ruined and consigned to the dustbin.
It totally sums up the boards ambitions or lack of I've said it before there is an inevitability koeman will go but we will wait till we are out of the europa and league cup and possibly be in the bottom three

1299965406Trqpup.jpg
More like...

three-stooges.jpg

It's weird how he can pick such terrible teams. Like a chap into his footy would know better. This is a champions league winner, la liga and so on. It's dead weird.

I don't think the team yesterday was terrible.

All of the players in it were decent.

There just seems to be a total lack of direction or system.

That's the issue.

I don't think the team yesterday was terrible.

All of the players in it were decent.

There just seems to be a total lack of direction or system.

That's the issue.

That's exactly what makes it terrible. For instance, neither Gana or Schneiderlin are terrible players on paper, but played alongside each other in a two-man midfield they are absolutely hideously awful.

Exactly, its a fundamental recruitment issue, i dont blame Koeman for that im sure he identified targets, i blame the negotiators and fundamentally the club.]

I disagree to be honest, i cant think of a season Arsenal played without a striker.

But when Koeman first came into the club he stated we needed at least one more striker, so in 12 months he should have made sure something was done.

Arsenal have had teams with loads of tippy tippy flair players and no out and out striker. There failing for years was no striker, now it’s no defence.

In truth none of us really know what really happens recruitment wise, whether he has asked for players, or even realistic players. Walsh may have wanted some and Koemans said No. The manager is paid the money to take the rise and fall though.
He doesn’t normally shy away from sticking it to someone, so I’m surprised if other were to blame he hasn’t said so.

Status
Not open for further replies.