Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its hard to make an engine go without a battery mate.
Doesn't refute the point though does it?

The example you're using would suggest you have a car which can do absolutely everything except move. Add the battery and away you go. That's nothing like what we're seeing though. This team isn't defending well, isn't creating enough, isn't dominating midfield battles. Put Lukaku in this side and he'd cover a load of the cracks, just like he did last year, but the cracks would be there all the same.

There is one defining difference between those managers and Koeman, each have been given the ability to play their team with a striker of their choosing that is not the case at Everton.

We look exactly what we are a very good team that has no striker, i think any of those managers would be pulling similar results given that context.

Had we a striker, do i think we would be competing with Utd, City and Arsenal, absolutely.

They had a chance to play there chosen striker because they bought them, maybe not even their first or second choice ones, they bought strikers we didn't. Koeman had over a year from when he first publicly said he wanted a striker, if he couldn't find one in the thousands of players around the world, it's his fault, he's the manager.

Arsenal have had seasons where they haven't had an out an out striker and still managed to finish top 4 comfortably. They found a system to play and the playwers to do it, we can't find the system and don't have the players. Moyes and Martinez can't take the blame for these players.

I think we look and play exactly what we are a very good team without a striker.

The team arent idiots they know they have no cutting edge, or someone who is going to slot if its teed up. Because of that the confidence has drained from them.

Look at the performance VS City and look at how the confidence has drained game on game, its not top secret the players will be ore acutely aware of it then anyone. The manager can do so much to motivate the team, but if there is awareness that the underlying issue is structural and cant be fixed for a few months, then your confidence isnt going to grow.

On reflection of anything, someone can always do better, but do i think that he has disimporved as manager when everyone was delighted him last year to now, no i dont.

Do i think we would be getting better results with a striker yes i do.

Who i do blame for this, the club.

The club are not selecting the team or deciding on tactics, that is the manager's job. He is on the touchline and surely he can see what is required in terms of players and tactics, so why is the same old song week after week. His explanations each week are farcical. he has players but does he know how to use them, e,g. many point out even today in the papers that Rooney and Siggurdson are not a good mix but he persists in it, why.

The club are not selecting the team or deciding on tactics, that is the manager's job. He is on the touchline and surely he can see what is required in terms of players and tactics, so why is the same old song week after week. His explanations each week are farcical. he has players but does he know how to use them, e,g. many point out even today in the papers that Rooney and Siggurdson are not a good mix but he persists in it, why.

I dont think the problem is the quality of player we have or the tactics.

If we hadnt hadnt of sold Lukaku, or had we signed Jesus, Morata, Laczette we wouldnt want Koeman out, we would be winning games.

I dont think the problem is the quality of player we have or the tactics.

If we hadnt hadnt of sold Lukaku, or had we signed Jesus, Morata, Laczette we wouldnt want Koeman out, we would be winning games.

Or we would be hoofing the ball up to one of those players instead of Calvert lewin and expecting them to chase the same lost causes whilst the rest of our team strolls forwards.

They had a chance to play there chosen striker because they bought them, maybe not even their first or second choice ones, they bought strikers we didn't. Koeman had over a year from when he first publicly said he wanted a striker, if he couldn't find one in the thousands of players around the world, it's his fault, he's the manager.

Arsenal have had seasons where they haven't had an out an out striker and still managed to finish top 4 comfortably. They found a system to play and the playwers to do it, we can't find the system and don't have the players. Moyes and Martinez can't take the blame for these players.

Exactly, its a fundamental recruitment issue, i dont blame Koeman for that im sure he identified targets, i blame the negotiators and fundamentally the club.]

I disagree to be honest, i cant think of a season Arsenal played without a striker.

I didnt ask what you think mate. Yes i think he is an excellent manager.

I suppose when you look at him Vs Pep hes shown his astuteness, the teams last year and with City beating teams on average by five goals the away draw is a teams example of good tactics, given the deck stacked in Citys favour

Its a surprisingly very one dimensional question from you for a multi faceted issue mate given the context. A bit group thinky.

Well, no one could accuse you of being “a bit group thinky” given your apparently contrarian stance about the merits of Koeman about the excellence his management ability in spite of all evidence to the contrary.

Some might call it pig headedness.....others might think it WUMery.

Only you know the answer ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.