Everton Youth Teams Thread

Everton u18s are back in league action after a 4 week break today, this time away to wolves u18s with us looking for our 1st win or point after losing the opening 2 games, including letting that 2 goal lead slip the last game home v Sunderland- these 1st 2 and the final game of last season we have conceded 3 goals each game-wolves have won their 1st 2 games

Everton u18s team

Jensen, Dixon, Wright, Jones, Samuels-Smith, Beaumont-Clark, Apter, Patterson, Heath, Sherif, Djankpata
Subs Pickford, Tierney, Smikle-James, Bates, Coughlan

Liverpool, Arsenal and United have all named 14 and 15 year olds on the bench in the U18s recently. None for us in this team but will be interesting to see if we follow suit

Everton u18s are back in league action after a 4 week break today, this time away to wolves u18s with us looking for our 1st win or point after losing the opening 2 games, including letting that 2 goal lead slip the last game home v Sunderland- these 1st 2 and the final game of last season we have conceded 3 goals each game-wolves have won their 1st 2 games
The OS has us winning 1-0 against Derby on September 02, although the table on the site only shows the two games that you mention?

Final score

Wolves u18s 1 Everton u18s 0

Its the 1st time since 2016 we have lost the 1st 3 u18s league games of the season, its also our 5th league defeat in a row or 6th from 7 including the later games of last season, we now have a 2 week break before we return at home to play Man City u18s, who came from 3-1 down away to Liverpool to win 4-3 today

Final score

Wolves u18s 1 Everton u18s 0

Its the 1st time since 2016 we have lost the 1st 3 u18s league games of the season, its also our 5th league defeat in a row or 6th from 7 including the later games of last season, we now have a 2 week break before we return at home to play Man City u18s, who came from 3-1 down away to Liverpool to win 4-3 today
Baptism of fire for Bainesy

Liverpool, Arsenal and United have all named 14 and 15 year olds on the bench in the U18s recently. None for us in this team but will be interesting to see if we follow suit
George Pickford the goalkeeper on the bench is an u16, but I’m not sure when his birthday is so may be 15 or 16. Yeah , this time last year we’d started games with a bunch of 15 year olds, still early days I guess.

George Pickford the goalkeeper on the bench is an u16, but I’m not sure when his birthday is so may be 15 or 16. Yeah , this time last year we’d started games with a bunch of 15 year olds, still early days I guess.
True sorry yes I missed Pickford who i forgot wasnt a scholar this year. With Jensen, Pickford and Lukjanicks all being close together in age it will be interesting to see what the club does as all 3 have been in england camps and will require a bit of juggling as DL was playing with the 15s last season so should be with U16 now. Still early days but something to keep an eye on, I imagine they'll move Jensen up to 21s given Crellin and Lebans struggles. We should be hoping some others of our 16s get 18s minutes at some point hopefully

True sorry yes I missed Pickford who i forgot wasnt a scholar this year. With Jensen, Pickford and Lukjanicks all being close together in age it will be interesting to see what the club does as all 3 have been in england camps and will require a bit of juggling as DL was playing with the 15s last season so should be with U16 now. Still early days but something to keep an eye on, I imagine they'll move Jensen up to 21s given Crellin and Lebans struggles. We should be hoping some others of our 16s get 18s minutes at some point hopefully

AL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SJ >>>>>>>>>>>>> GP

Likjanicks is the best going goalkeeper at the club by some distance.

AL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SJ >>>>>>>>>>>>> GP

Likjanicks is the best going goalkeeper at the club by some distance.
Without knowing for sure I'm pretty sure DL had already replaced GP at 15s level last season despite being the age group below given he played the u14 and 15 finals. You will know better though.

We should still be aggressive in promoting these 3 up the ranks though as we know what we have in the keepers above them who are frankly nowhere near the level required.

In theory all things going perfect they're in the perfect age range to replace Pickford in 5-6 years ish if handled well and we don't lose DL in particular and with goalie being the hardest position to predict