Discussion & help on depression & mental health related issues

Been in a odd situation, a girl I was with at uni saw me at the airport and messaged me last night. She is married with kids and stuff but has sent me pics of us when we were together

My gf and I are very open about this kind of stuff and I've told her and she says it's cool if we meet up etc

It's all just got me a bit down tho, remembering how fun and carefree my life was back then. We ended badly due to the about of ketamine I used to take, and I made peace with that as it was my own doing, but the fact she told me she missed me made me feel weird, I don't know how to explain it

I'm really happy with my life now, and I guess I'm thinking it back to my mid 20s. I don't even know what I'm trying to say

No good can come of going to meet her. Doesn’t benefit you at all.

Been in a odd situation, a girl I was with at uni saw me at the airport and messaged me last night. She is married with kids and stuff but has sent me pics of us when we were together

My gf and I are very open about this kind of stuff and I've told her and she says it's cool if we meet up etc

It's all just got me a bit down tho, remembering how fun and carefree my life was back then. We ended badly due to the about of ketamine I used to take, and I made peace with that as it was my own doing, but the fact she told me she missed me made me feel weird, I don't know how to explain it

I'm really happy with my life now, and I guess I'm thinking it back to my mid 20s. I don't even know what I'm trying to say
It sounds like she's the one who is feeling nostalgic for those pre-marriage, pre-kids carefree days. As others have said, don't meet up, it won't end well. Or if you do, take your girlfriend with you.

thanks all

Yeah, i've come around to realise its def more of a nostalgia thing for both of us, we had a great time together clubbing and going to festivals but obv life isn't just that.

She isn't a crazy person or anything (or at least wasn't at the time, she was much kinder than me at the time), i guess i'm just a bit curious as to why she wants to meet. I def upset/hurt her at the end of our on/off 'relationship' and i would kind of like to apologise for that but it makes loads more sense to leave it

thanks all

Yeah, i've come around to realise its def more of a nostalgia thing for both of us, we had a great time together clubbing and going to festivals but obv life isn't just that.

She isn't a crazy person or anything (or at least wasn't at the time, she was much kinder than me at the time), i guess i'm just a bit curious as to why she wants to meet. I def upset/hurt her at the end of our on/off 'relationship' and i would kind of like to apologise for that but it makes loads more sense to leave it
As you know I try to be as supportive to people on this forum, so you will understand there is no malice intented bud re: my asking this question. Have you not asked Cool why your current GF said it was ok to meet up with an ex. It's an innocent question and I am " old fashioned " but I don't understand why your GF said fine to it. ( Cue people thinking Spotty needs to get with the times.

I have to concur with those answers given already bud, probably best left alone.

As you know I try to be as supportive to people on this forum, so you will understand there is no malice intented bud re: my asking this question. Have you not asked Cool why your current GF said it was ok to meet up with an ex. It's an innocent question and I am " old fashioned " but I don't understand why your GF said fine to it. ( Cue people thinking Spotty needs to get with the times.

I have to concur with those answers given already bud, probably best left alone.

Aha I think might an age thing! She knows her and we all used to go out as a group when I was finish with my ex but with my current gf

That's happened the other way around too. We've always been open about that kind of thing, I don't think I could be with someone who isn't tbh. Sex is everywhere and if people say they only like one person in the world, that's a form of cheating in itself in my opinion

Aha I think might an age thing! She knows her and we all used to go out as a group when I was finish with my ex but with my current gf

That's happened the other way around too. We've always been open about that kind of thing, I don't think I could be with someone who isn't tbh. Sex is everywhere and if people say they only like one person in the world, that's a form of cheating in itself in my opinion
"....might be an age thing ", ok I thought it might be me being out of touch on today's attitudes. Of course it's all subjective. Been married 36 years and never crossed my mind to be unfaithful, haven't even thought of it. People these days are more " open ". Good to get people's views on things though isn't it and and the good folks on here are honest. Take care Coolino.

"....might be an age thing ", ok I thought it might be me being out of touch on today's attitudes. Of course it's all subjective. Been married 36 years and never crossed my mind to be unfaithful, haven't even thought of it. People these days are more " open ". Good to get people's views on things though isn't it and and the good folks on here are honest. Take care Coolino.

To put it into context, you've been married a few years longer than I have been alive! Take care

Bit of an update since it's been around 2 weeks now.

My head is still everywhere. I have everything I could ever possibly want and things are finally positive in my life. My family and friends all know I've got something good and I do too.

However I still can't shake this feeling of could things have been different. I know I'd hate it if my girlfriend was feeling this way and I know I'm only damaging myself mentally but I'm still convinced there's reasons for these thoughts, since they've never crossed my mind until this past month.

As I said I have everything I could ever possibly want and I'm actually happy, but I can't seem to shake these thoughts currently as much as I'm trying to and I don't know what else to do.

Scouse, how do you improve on " I have everything I could want.......". Might I suggest you don't buddy, otherwise you wouldn't be " searching " for that thing you " think " is missing. Are you being totally honest in saying " I have everything i want ......." ? If I'm wrong in my suggestion then great. If not, in order to address your inner turmoil, I think you need to be honest to yourself, don't try to subconsciously " ignore " it. Respectfully Scouse, I think there is something in your life your not happy with but you know that addressing it may be too painful for you. Share your concerns with someone you trust, get it off your chest.

All the above of course pre supposes that I'm right, I hope I'm not, but if I am right, its not going to go away. I hope you can find some peace of mind on the matter. ( If you wish Scouse, you can DM me if you think it may help ) Take care.

What do you do when you've got a good friend who's clearly suffering, but continues to put on a brave face and deflect - resisting any call to chat to friends, family or professionals? Left feeling a little useless at the moment.

I only had this kind of thing once and it worked when I kind of asked him off guard (I guess a time when they werent expecting it so they hadn't rehearsed an answer)