2022/23 Nathan Patterson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seen a lot there today that was good. He competed very well. That was what was required in a Merseyside Derby. But I also saw him knock balls back that went out for corners to Liverpool, I saw him losing track of who was behind him again in the area, and my biggest criticism is that for a lad with pace and power he is VERY timid at taking on the opposition FB one to one.

He deserves a 7/10 for that game today because he was targeted by Liverpool and held up very well. But those things above are all still there to be worked on, and you can bet Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole will be on at him over it. Cole especially will be asking why he's failing to drive at and commit the opposition LB.
Don’t think so, I’m sure they will be praising him for his defending and helping keep a clean sheet.

Sevco could do with a winger couldn't they?

Hard lines today.

2AA21897-CACB-45E1-95AC-1E0F74DB3937.jpeg

I seen a lot there today that was good. He competed very well. That was what was required in a Merseyside Derby. But I also saw him knock balls back that went out for corners to Liverpool, I saw him losing track of who was behind him again in the area, and my biggest criticism is that for a lad with pace and power he is VERY timid at taking on the opposition FB one to one.

He deserves a 7/10 for that game today because he was targeted by Liverpool and held up very well. But those things above are all still there to be worked on, and you can bet Frank Lampard and Ashley Cole will be on at him over it. Cole especially will be asking why he's failing to drive at and commit the opposition LB.
Yet your criticism as above could apply to any outfield player today but you still continually nit pic everything the lad does.
Overall he was superb today , our best outfield player by some distance.

Widely acknowledged everywhere BTW.

….a little ironic that he looks more of an attacking threat in a back four.
Lets be real, Lampard isn't the best tactically with weird setups playing a back 5 etc...

If Lampard can set some professional standards and send the team out with a flat back 4 as a 433 or 451 then Everton will get some good results. If he tries to be too clever he'll get stung. Limited manager but at least has a good attitude.

Lets be real, Lampard isn't the best tactically with weird setups playing a back 5 etc...

If Lampard can set some professional standards and send the team out with a flat back 4 as a 433 or 451 then Everton will get some good results. If he tries to be too clever he'll get stung. Limited manager but at least has a good attitude.
A back 5 isn’t “weird” at all. Plenty play it, like Tuchel did today with Chelsea at home to West Ham.

He's a superb player. He's going to the very, very top. Hopefully we get a good couple of years out of him before he undoubtedly moves on, unfortunately, to the absolute top level, and that is not in anyway being disrespectful to this great club.

This nonsense about not being able to play in a back 4 or being able to defend was exactly that, nonsense. His games at Rangers were all in a 4, defended similarly to today when required. As he did as part of a 5 for Scotland.

Believe me, there is much, much more to come from him, particularly in an attacking sense, we haven't seen anything like what he is capable of yet. The boy has it all, the perfect modern day full back.

He's a superb player. He's going to the very, very top. Hopefully we get a good couple of years out of him before he undoubtedly moves on, unfortunately, to the absolute top level, and that is not in anyway being disrespectful to this great club.

This nonsense about not being able to play in a back 4 or being able to defend was exactly that, nonsense. His games at Rangers were all in a 4, defended similarly to today when required. As he did as part of a 5 for Scotland.

Believe me, there is much, much more to come from him, particularly in an attacking sense, we haven't seen anything like what he is capable of yet. The boy has it all, the perfect modern day full back.
It's both disrespectful and jumping the gun by about a mile.

BTW, who are you to be diminishing Everton Football Club? You support teams in a league that our Vanarama National league teams would see off.

Unbelievable.

It's both disrespectful and jumping the gun by about a mile.

BTW, who are you to be diminishing Everton Football Club? You support teams in a league that our Vanarama National league teams would see off.

Unbelievable.

Ok mate. Just keep pretending you watched all his games in Scotland and were a guru in all things Nathan Patterson and keep giving your helpful insights on him, they've so far proved very insightful on your knowledge of football.

Status
Not open for further replies.