2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.

You probably need some background here. Bobble (the cited source in the text) has been very good at providing in-the-know (ITK) information about the club for some time now. This has been a window where previously reliable insiders got slaughtered. Bobble hadn't been burned much by his sources yet, so his word was taken as true. Turned out he was wrong.

If you're concerned about what was said here (some of which likely did cross the line), you probably haven't ventured into the ? thread yet. No mercy. No pity.
Incorrect.

Andre Gomes was told at the end of last season he was free to leave. Gomes agreed to this and it was very much mutual. Goodness me, he even said his goodbyes to the players and staff. Not to mention having a shirt signed by every player as a goodbye.

Pre season came around and he was again told he would be moved on, to which Gomes and agent had now completely changed there tune and were very much of the attitude of “I’m happy here and I’ll see out my contract”, again, Lampard and Co made it clear, he didn’t feature at all in pre season and or at all in the season so far. Gomes could of helped the situation and instructed his agent to get him a move, they didn’t. They were happy to sit here and pick up the wage (rightly or wrongly) UNTIL Fonseca came calling yesterday morning who is very good friends with Gomes’s agent. The deal was then done and believe me, Everton struck gold as he has been an absolute nightmare for a long time.

Unfortunately, wages we are still covering the majority of but at least he is no longer in and around FF for this season.

Incorrect.

Andre Gomes was told at the end of last season he was free to leave. Gomes agreed to this and it was very much mutual. Goodness me, he even said his goodbyes to the players and staff. Not to mention having a shirt signed by every player as a goodbye.

Pre season came around and he was again told he would be moved on, to which Gomes and agent had now completely changed there tune and were very much of the attitude of “I’m happy here and I’ll see out my contract”, again, Lampard and Co made it clear, he didn’t feature at all in pre season and or at all in the season so far. Gomes could of helped the situation and instructed his agent to get him a move, they didn’t. They were happy to sit here and pick up the wage (rightly or wrongly) UNTIL Fonseca came calling yesterday morning who is very good friends with Gomes’s agent. The deal was then done and believe me, Everton struck gold as he has been an absolute nightmare for a long time.

Unfortunately, wages we are still covering the majority of but at least he is no longer in and around FF for this season.
Can you elaborate on the “he has been a nightmare for a long time”?

Incorrect.

Seen many players take us for a ride like this before so I’ve no idea why people find it so hard to accept lovely handsome cuddly Gomes would do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.