2022/23 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incorrect.

Andre Gomes was told at the end of last season he was free to leave. Gomes agreed to this and it was very much mutual. Goodness me, he even said his goodbyes to the players and staff. Not to mention having a shirt signed by every player as a goodbye.

Pre season came around and he was again told he would be moved on, to which Gomes and agent had now completely changed there tune and were very much of the attitude of “I’m happy here and I’ll see out my contract”, again, Lampard and Co made it clear, he didn’t feature at all in pre season and or at all in the season so far. Gomes could of helped the situation and instructed his agent to get him a move, they didn’t. They were happy to sit here and pick up the wage (rightly or wrongly) UNTIL Fonseca came calling yesterday morning who is very good friends with Gomes’s agent. The deal was then done and believe me, Everton struck gold as he has been an absolute nightmare for a long time.

Unfortunately, wages we are still covering the majority of but at least he is no longer in and around FF for this season.
*could have.

He was always mentally weak , he only came here to take it easy because he couldn't handle the pressure at Barcelona.
Very few can handle the pressure at Barcelona.
Lets not dismiss the performances at Benfica and Valencia, not easy places to play in, which earnt him his move.

I very much doubt it.
This seemed to be a fine scripted speech with the knowledge that he still has another year of his contract to go after this loan ends.
If he does well and they sign him, then he will have left with fine words and much dignity. If it goes belly up and returns, he won't be hated for any bad words spoken when he went on loan.

I sincerely hope it works out because he showed he wasn't suited to the intensity of Premier football, even before that incident with Son Of A Bitch.

Incorrect.

Andre Gomes was told at the end of last season he was free to leave. Gomes agreed to this and it was very much mutual. Goodness me, he even said his goodbyes to the players and staff. Not to mention having a shirt signed by every player as a goodbye.

Pre season came around and he was again told he would be moved on, to which Gomes and agent had now completely changed there tune and were very much of the attitude of “I’m happy here and I’ll see out my contract”, again, Lampard and Co made it clear, he didn’t feature at all in pre season and or at all in the season so far. Gomes could of helped the situation and instructed his agent to get him a move, they didn’t. They were happy to sit here and pick up the wage (rightly or wrongly) UNTIL Fonseca came calling yesterday morning who is very good friends with Gomes’s agent. The deal was then done and believe me, Everton struck gold as he has been an absolute nightmare for a long time.

Unfortunately, wages we are still covering the majority of but at least he is no longer in and around FF for this season.
Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, as you're certainly entitled to correct and elaborate on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.