Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gone for an 8... only getting rid of 1 or 2 more deadwood (or in general permanent moves) and another forward option would have made it better!

IF DCL can stay fit then we have more than enough up top... big IF based on the last 12 months, but no reason why it can't happen!

Midfield and defence much stronger!

Plus we have gone for a good mix of experience, leadership and good profile of player!

Stay in EPL and get shut of Kean, Mina, Allan, Davies, Townsend, Rondon, Begovic, Lonergan and hopefully Gomes (if loan goes well) next Summer. We can continue to rebuild the team / squad and strengthen on the good work done this summer!

The thing (well, one of the things) with this argument is it ignores the very important fact that we didn't score enough last year either. Only 5 teams cored less than us last year, and 4 of them were the 4 that finished below us. People say it like we were fine last year so the concern makes no sense, but we absolutely weren't, any drop off in the goals we score could be disastrous.
Absolutely. I am confident we have added more goals accross the board though.

3 out 10

We needed to replace Richarlison and add an additional

Relying on inconsist players who didn’t regularly get close to 10 goals to regularly get 10 goals

As well needing Iwobi and Onana to get at least 5 each
We kind of have replaced Richarlison.

Maupay has a similar goalscoring record and his narkiness and work rate has been replaced across the squad.

We were never going to replace Richarlison like for like.

We could have done with another striker of course, we needed that last season too.

I am hoping that a much more solid midfield should enable our attackers to just attack which should result in more chances.

Very good window IMO. I would've felt better with another attacking player but it looks like the manager and DOF believe they can coax enough goals out of what we have in the squad. I do think that is possible but it does look like a bit of a gamble.

We kind of have replaced Richarlison.

Maupay has a similar goalscoring record and his narkiness and work rate has been replaced across the squad.

We were never going to replace Richarlison like for like.

We could have done with another striker of course, we needed that last season too.

I am hoping that a much more solid midfield should enable our attackers to just attack which should result in more chances.
I’ve been told that he’s never played off the left and he’s a back up to DCL.

Either way, we probably needed Maupay and at least another 1, probably 2.

IMO there’s not enough goals in the team, I feel to much pressure is on Gordon’s shoulders now - it may make him.

I like the way we’re now setup, I think lampard is doing an amazing job with the structure of the team, that link up play; we just look a thousand times better than last year. The issue for me, it falls to bits in the final third

I’ve been told that he’s never played off the left and he’s a back up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

IMO there’s not enough goals in the team, I feel to much pressure is on Gordon’s shoulders now - it may make him.

I like the way we’re now setup, I think lampard is doing an amazing job with the structure of the team, that link up play; we just look a thousand times better than last year. The issue for me, it falls to bits in the final third
I thought the same, but apparently he did at Brentford

I went for 6.

I very happy with who we have got rid of, but the lack of firepower/creativity is worrying me a little.

Im assuming we are just hoping to 1-0 our way up the table, because we arent scoring 2.

5/10 as goals in/out are the true currency of football

Defence better but Coady, Vinagre are only loans plus option so incomplete
Midfield is younger bar Gana & looks more dynamic
Attack is worse with Richarlison > Maupay + McNeil so need Gordon to sustain his improvement to rectify that

We again had to rely on expiring contracts & loans out to shift deadweight rather than getting fees but that is just past errors unwinding so harsh to lay it on the new regime.

I think a lot depends on how we plan to set up aswell.

If the plan is 5-2-3 then I think we're massively top heavy on midfielders.
If it's 5-3-2 we're definitely short of at least one striker, possibly 2, and I don't know what we do with the wide players.
If it's 4-3-3 (which I hope it is) then it's mainly going to come down to whether Gordon, Gray and McNeil can significantly step up to contribute more goals and assists. We potentially have an issue with numbers out wide because if one of them gets injured or is in poor form there aren't many options. We're also massively overstocked on centre halves - current injury problems notwithstanding - and I'm not sure Coady will be as big an improvement in a 4 as he would have been in a 5.

I dont get this lack of goals ppl are going on about.. Richy got 10 Maupay will get 10.. Gordon will get more then 4, most likely 8-10. Gray will get 7-10, the defence will get 3-4 and midfield should get 4-8. Plus DCL should get 10
42- 52 goals. We should less then 66

I’ve been told that he’s never played off the left and he’s a back up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

Yeah been like that for a while. Even with Richarlison in the side I think we still lacked in the final third.

I do think if Gordon and Gray are allowed to stay further forward and not track back all the time then hopefully they will be played in more by our midfield (who should be more attack minded and intelligent now).

The fitness of DCL will be massive going forward.

We also could do with actually winning a game soon to get the ball rolling a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.