Transfer Window rating

Out of 10, what's your rating of our Window?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting at least one more striker in - even on loan - was a massive priority, but that didn't seem to be the case as far as the club were concerned. The main thing we've lacked in the games so far is firepower, but Maupay aside we've done nothing to address it. Still, the midfield and defence look better now.

We will score more goals this season and we will concede less. Vault me.

We're just a better team now.

We no longer desperately need Mina now. His injury record, contract, and the business we've done this summer, have rendered him an afterthought at this point. If he's fit, great. He won't be missed though, in my view. The negatives far outweigh any positives.

We will play better football this season. I'm not talking about aesthetics here, I'm talking actual better football. We'll compete better in midfield, and we'll defend better. These are ultimately the foundations that any team is built on.
We also got a younger team as well with a lot of experience players around that, that will only get better

For me, I am in-between 7/8, we have significantly strengthened the back line, the midfield now has a bit of dynamism and looks set for the future. The back line now looks like it could actually work in a 3, or a 4, the players we had previously just couldn't play in a 3. Midfield now has legs and ability, not to mention the player Iwobi has turned into.

The front line though man, if we would have got another forward to play across the front 3 it would have been a 10/10 for me. I think Maupay will be an astute signing, if he gets between 5-10 goals a season its not a bad signing for the money.

Just a shame we didn't get anyone else in for the front line, I guess any frees might be looked at as an opportunity (I still think Ross here might be looked at) - but it was an opportunity missed for the attack.

Solid 7.5

Strengthened in key areas without breaking the bank. Someone like Kudus on loan on top and it would've pushed it closer to a 9 imo.

Another forward would have been nice but we have a new defence and midfield which makes our squad stronger. Losing Richarlison will hurt but we did bring in Maupay and Mcneil. For once we have leaders in our squad and less injury prone players. Most notably, we have depth.
The worst thing is ali the rumours and speculation mentioning a striker. It's like friends and family telling you that your dad's going to buy you a bike for Christmas when, all along, his intention was for you to make do with the better quality roller skates he got for birthday.

We will score more goals this season and we will concede less. Vault me.

We're just a better team now.

We no longer desperately need Mina now. His injury record, contract, and the business we've done this summer, have rendered him an afterthought at this point. If he's fit, great. He won't be missed though, in my view. The negatives far outweigh any positives.

We will play better football this season. I'm not talking about aesthetics here, I'm talking actual better football. We'll compete better in midfield, and we'll defend better. These are ultimately the foundations that any team is built on.
I’m with you, vault me too.

We will win/regain more possession, 100% certain, and many people fail to understand that it directly translate to more possession and more attacking chance while also reducing opponent attacking opportunity.

The battle is in midfield.

I’m with you, vault me too.

We will win/regain more possession, 100% certain, and many people fail to understand that it directly translate to more possession and more attacking chance while also reducing opponent attacking opportunity.

The battle is in midfield.

Not to mention not having to face the confidence zapping defensive horror shows.

3/10 severe lack of creativity and options up top.

Another 3 games without a win and people will be calling for Lampard to be sacked and for that reason alone he should have been screaming from the rooftops and demanding that one was in through the door.

Huge pressure now.

Status
Not open for further replies.