2022/23 Frank Lampard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't care what is said, this team has no goals in it and in this league gets you relegated. Transfer window will be to late to save us. Predict we won't have 5 points after 8 games. Strikers were the absolute priority yet we have obsessed over midfielders and not one of those purchased is a goalscorer. Huge pressure already on Maupay whose a squad player anyway. Did the club really not realise that richarlison kept the club up with his goals and determination. I'm very worried now, we conceed goals every game so how we going to win games if we cannot score. Good luck staying fit DCL. Hope they prove me wrong.

I reckon he's been quite relaxed about the forwards situation since Maupay came in. He's been suggesting for ages now that Dom is the main man for us. It's also clear that he rates Gordon highly and was happy to keep hold of him.

I personally think that's a bit of wishful thinking given Dom's recent injuries.. but then if he really didn't fancy any of the other forwards available this summer then I can understand him not wanting to pull the trigger on a late signing that he didn't think was worth it (Ben Brereton Díaz seems a good example of this). The Kudus situation was also a shame and out of our hands.

Hopefully it's something we revisit in January either way.

Last edited:
Don't care what is said, this team has no goals in it and in this league gets you relegated. Transfer window will be to late to save us. Predict we won't have 5 points after 8 games. Strikers were the absolute priority yet we have obsessed over midfielders and not one of those purchased is a goalscorer. Huge pressure already on Maupay whose a squad player anyway. Did the club really not realise that richarlison kept the club up with his goals and determination. I'm very worried now, we conceed goals every game so how we going to win games if we cannot score. Good luck staying fit Dominic Calvert-Lewin. Hope they prove me wrong.
Generally speaking if you can manage an average of 1 goal per game then that's enough to stay up though there have been one or two exceptions over the last few years - though two of those exceptions were the notably dysfunctional and scattergun QPR and John Carver's Newcastle.

The hope has to be that the additions of Onana (still bedding in) and Gueye go some way to contributing a few clean sheets and shifting the midfield into something that can support and build attacks rather than hopeful balls in behind and constantly losing possession before crossing the halfway line.

With the practical signings made this squad doesn't look nearly as dysfunctional as last years. Rico is a big miss but overall the quality is better and I don't think it would be anything like miraculous to stay outside the dogfight this season. Goals will be more difficult to come by but that's not something that plenty of sides haven't successfully worked around over the years.

With everybody fit and available, I want to know what FL first eleven is....
These are mostly good signings this August with a lot of young players who will get better.

I'm looking for midtable this year and then kicking on after that.

Up the toffees.

Funny I recall you saying last summer the former manager had no complaints signing 3 players for £1.7 millions.

Onana
Gana
Maupay
Coady
Tarkowski
Garner
McNeil
Vinagre

Damn you Everton how have you not backed this manager argghhhhh !!
But we shop in the basement now. Onana is as yet an unknown quantity of the others who would be a starter in a top half side?

Status
Not open for further replies.