Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have the money to sign a forward without selling Gordon. What possible other explanation is there for us heading into a fifth game with only Rondon as a forward option?
Frank explained when he got injured. They were happy with expecting Dom to be fitter than last season (great preseason) and Rondon as cover with Gordon/Gray filling in as a false 9 when needed. The Gana deal was being nogotiated, he said that they would not be going for a big signing to cover Dom, just a stop gap.

The rest of the hysteria on here has been generated amongst various posters, it is always the same.

Not saying I agree McNeil replacing Richy but the other deals look to be decent.

We are at a point now (and so is the market i.e. Che Adams value heading toward 30+ million) that we should 100% keep gordon and settle the Gana deal with forward cover (Diaz) which I believe has been the plan all along.
I was thinking about this though and we still have to take the money for Gordon. For starters, his head has turned and he’ll have agreed a massive contract. We can’t really offer him this money so he’ll be an unhappy player or one we are paying far too much.

But the thing is, maybe without selling Gordon we could use what we have and savings on departing players to sign Diaz, sort Gana, and bring in one domestic loan and ideally Kudus on loan, and be in much better shape.

But that still doesn’t make the case for keeping Gordon because even if we can significantly boost the squad without selling we could still do much better with the 50m. We could do all of the above and just buy one really good 50m player rather than spread it about on a couple of decent 25m players.

If we're selling Gordon then get it sorted asap and rival West Ham for Paqueta. We still need a a wide forward and attacking midfielder so this would kill two birds with one stone as he could do both depending on what system we want to play.

As for strikers, I'm far from sold on Brereton-Diaz, I'd much rather have Che Adams than him but at the price Southampton want it's a non-starter. I'd still gamble on Kaladjic from Stuttgart despite his previous injuries but we haven't been mentioned with him for a couple of weeks now.

Remember when £50 mill for Richarlison was said to be a "fair price" - we are brutal on managing transfer windows, i think we would have got £70-80 mill for him around about now, Chelsea are throwing that at fullbacks and centre half's.
Yep. His partner up top for Brazil (the number 10 to Richys number 9) £210 million!

Not so sure he was ever dropped at CP, and for sure it is pretty harsh to judge him based off the Leeds performance (where he did look well of it to be fair), rather than on the season at CP.

He is a undoubtedly an upgrade on his CP form to, at least, some of the midfielders we currently have and the goal scoring ‘threat’ from our midfield has been virtually non existent for a while so I definitely would like to see what he could do in our side.
I just see a tidy player nothing brilliant, an improvement on what we have granted but thats not difficult, sure he was on the bench at CP the few games, was on the bench against us, just dont see were he fits in at present as a starter if Gueye comes in

I see SSN are about a week behind the real world as per usual then eh.

Don't know how anyone watches that bollox of a news station.

They've started getting youtubers and influencers to give their "expert" opinions on all things football now.

Fair play to them making a living, but I respect hearing from people who have experience playing at the highest level and can back up knowing the in's and outs.

Billionaires aint we lads!!! Take what we want!!!!

This bravo attitude coming back to bite us on the rear.

I don't mind Che Adams but it smells of desperation and last minute.
Austrian Klopp seemed to shut that one down pretty hard yesterday. I suspect that if we really wanted him, we would have needed to have it signed, sealed and delivered before the player entered what appears to be a purple patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.