Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just hope Thelwell and Lampard, who are reportedly relying on Kenwright to help, have some magic in them this next week.
1661431755391.png

Its why when fans were up in arms/fuming at not accepting the first £40m bid I was saying, well, we have to replace him and at the time we were looking at Morgan Gibbs White who went for more than that first bid.
It demonstrates how poor our scouting is if with £50m in our pocket the best we can come up with is two players from the bottom half of the prem/top half of the championship and an ageing former player to spend that money on. With the exception of Onana, who is a very expensive young man, our signings have been utterly unsurprising in terms of the profile of player. This club is broken. I feel for Lampard as he has been badly, very badly, let down.

We are at a point now (and so is the market i.e. Che Adams value heading toward 30+ million) that we should 100% keep gordon and settle the Gana deal with forward cover (Diaz) which I believe has been the plan all along.
I don't think we have the money to sign a forward without selling Gordon. What possible other explanation is there for us heading into a fifth game with only Rondon as a forward option?

I don't think we have the money to sign a forward without selling Gordon. What possible other explanation is there for us heading into a fifth game with only Rondon as a forward option?

Don't want to let them off the hook - but perhaps it is waiting on the right players to be available at the selling club, with replacements in place.

E.g. like a housing chain - it all has to be lined up.

Remember when there’s was a load of posters saying “why you arsed it’s not your money” to those questioning Moshiri overpaying for average players in his early days?

I wonder if some of those kicking off now were those very same posters encouraging the overspend that put us in this position. Closely aligned with the famous “we’ll share the goals around” while fantasising of being Lukaku’s Delta up the Lancs.

One week to sign players. Sure they will.

Billionaires aint we lads!!! Take what we want!!!!

This bravo attitude coming back to bite us on the rear.

I don't mind Che Adams but it smells of desperation and last minute.

We are at a point now (and so is the market i.e. Che Adams value heading toward 30+ million) that we should 100% keep gordon and settle the Gana deal with forward cover (Diaz) which I believe has been the plan all along.

Remember when £50 mill for Richarlison was said to be a "fair price" - we are brutal at managing transfer windows, i think we would have got £70-80 mill for him around about now, Chelsea are throwing that at fullbacks and centre half's.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.