2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes miles better than MGW and Nketia mate.

Nketia is years older than him and got 10 goals in his PL career.

MGW is older than him and has 1 PL goal in 50 games.

I'd gladly take 45m and turn some of it into MGW. Genuine coin flip on who ends up the better player so having the extra 20m is a win.

That's fine, and a perfectly reasonable argument, but swapping Gordon for MGW or Nketia would be the absolute height of stupidity.

MGW end product in the Championship provided a highlights showcase which he 'may' be able to replicate in the premier league.

If he can then hes a top class player.

Could Gordon provide the same goals/assists numbers in the championship?

3084 mins / 12 goals + 10 assists

The variety of passing, finishing and showing the same effort Gordon does was all evident on his highlights package.

Theyd be daft to turn down 50m IMO mate.

Let's put it this way, would you be happy if we were bidding over 30m for Smith Rowe?

Id be made up with Smith-Rowe for £30mil.

Just imagine Garner + Smith-Rowe for £44mil.

Just tells me how mad the Gordon fee is looking.

Surely this is the club negotiating the best fee?

Loads on here would have sold at 25m or something ludicrous.
40-45 is reasonable for what he's worth to the club and we have every right to demand 50m+. I just think people saying we should be demanding 70m on the back of 1 good season is overkil. I think if we really did want to keep him + if he wanted to stay we would demand a stupid fee like that and it would make sense.

Last edited:
Walker was 27 when he left. Pulisic's resume is pretty much the exact same as gordon's. Again Pulisic wasn't even starting and Dortmund held until they got the price they wanted.

More than 1 club w/ money to burn likes him. His salary is reasonable, we probably really gonna need him this year so if he stays, fine, he'll hold his value until Jan, probably despite the contract until the summer. Monied clubs always pay in the end an extra 15-20M is a drop in the bucket to them. LC stuck to their eval of Mahrez and rebuffed the 70M Man City offer, even tho there were less clubs that could afford a Mahrez, not to mention that Mahrez was more of luxury player that Man City didn't really need and still in the end Man City paid up.
Pulisic’s resume is the exact same as Gordon’s???

Pretty sure I remember Pulisic scoring and assisting at Dortmund at a far greater rate than Gordon is doing for us.

Behind Harry Maguirre at £80m???

When you look at it that way, anything goes, even £50m+

The club dialogue here will be:

1. He's not for sale- he's our academy star and a troo bloo. our fans would never forgive us.

2. Anthony has indicated his desire to play in the CL, and has not yet signed the contract on the table.

3. Reluctantly to protect our asset value we are forced to accept the whopping £50m bid for our wantaway boy (*stifles grin)
Even Maguire, as daft as it looks in hindsight, was off the back of a very good performance at the World Cup. Gordon has done literally nothing so far.

There's no certainty as to how this is going to play out. Let's not exclude the possibility though that we may be seeing the birth of a new Everton legend. A kid who's head isn't turned, who's happy to recommit himself to the club, and whose football develops in leaps and bounds under the guidance of Lampard and his team. In a few months time we could be singing from the terraces that he's worth double the price of Raheem Sterling.

If Chelsea want to land him now, they'll have to pay more than the £47.5m that they paid for Sterling. Just knowing this must be a massive confidence booster in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.