2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
England call up mate, when you say fringes you must be meaning he is english so there is a chance, as on current form he is not close.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

He did well with the under 21s and although it shouldn't matter which club he plays for if he were to move to Chelsea I could almost guarantee he would be in the mix for a call up .

Walker and Pulisic were far, far better and more established than Gordon is now.

Pricing ourselves out of a deal that is already far better than we could reasonably have hoped to expect is sheer idiocy, all for the sake of posturing. Get them as close to £50m as possible, and absolutely rip their hand off.
Walker was 27 when he left. Pulisic's resume is pretty much the exact same as gordon's. Again Pulisic wasn't even starting and Dortmund held until they got the price they wanted.

More than 1 club w/ money to burn likes him. His salary is reasonable, we probably really gonna need him this year so if he stays, fine, he'll hold his value until Jan, probably despite the contract until the summer. Monied clubs always pay in the end an extra 15-20M is a drop in the bucket to them. LC stuck to their eval of Mahrez and rebuffed the 70M Man City offer, even tho there were less clubs that could afford a Mahrez, not to mention that Mahrez was more of luxury player that Man City didn't really need and still in the end Man City paid up.

1752AD60-D893-4F2C-998B-1DA3F6ABB948.jpeg

…imagine @davek if the club truly resist all offers for Gordon.

It could be. I would rather they were honest, said that 45m/50m/whatever is too much for the player and as a club with both financial issues and multiple players needed to put out a top squad we had to take it. Then reinvest it rapidly and honestly is anyone mad about it?
Tbh I'm a bit shocked we have turned down £45m, that's a lot of money for a player who only has one season of top level football under their belt no matter how good they are.

Walker was 27 when he left. Pulisic's resume is pretty much the exact same as gordon's. Again Pulisic wasn't even starting and Dortmund held until they got the price they wanted.

More than 1 club w/ money to burn likes him. His salary is reasonable, we probably really gonna need him this year so if he stays, fine, he'll hold his value until Jan, probably despite the contract until the summer. Monied clubs always pay in the end an extra 15-20M is a drop in the bucket to them. LC stuck to their eval of Mahrez and rebuffed the 70M Man City offer, even tho there were less clubs that could afford a Mahrez, not to mention that Mahrez was more of luxury player that Man City didn't really need and still in the end Man City paid up.
Pulisic produced more for Dortmund in less minutes while also being younger (he joined Chelsea before he turned 21). I'd personally put that down as a fairly different resume.

What if his form doesn't dip and he becomes a player worth 100m.

The assessment Chelsea have obviously made is that this is a young lad going right to the top and they want to get in at their definition of basement price.

Gordon should now get a big pay rise, he has now become a valuable asset for the club.

Credit due to the academy.
This is the types of risks Chelsea can afford to take though.

If he tanks it’s no skin off their nose, but unfortunately for us, we’ve been ran so badly that we can’t be turning down £50m for a player who may never be worth that.

Ideally we’d be in a position where we could afford to, but every player on this planet has a price and the money being talked about currently exceeds what the player is worth.

In what world does a player with 1 season of football in a team that nearly got relegated be worth £70million?
We are not trying to sell the player, but Chelsea are apparently trying to sign him.

We certainly won't get 70m butif they want a young, English, Premiership player with the window starting to close in then they have to Stump up a price that is over the odds.

Everton are tight enough in attacking players as it is, we can't afford to lose one of our best without plenty of time to replace him
This is not a deal for the last few days of the window.

I wouldn't be so sure about that.

He did well with the under 21s and although it shouldn't matter which club he plays for if he were to move to Chelsea I could almost guarantee he would be in the mix for a call up .
No chance he gets called up for England, he simply is not good enough, he scored 2 deflected goals last season + 2 other goals, he would be competing with Mason Mount Grealish Foden Sancho etc

Status
Not open for further replies.