2022/23 Anthony Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this like go through world football and pick them out? There are quite a few, obviously most of them will not actually end up in our team.

I'm not really sure what the point is though, I just think through two games and based on what he did last season 10 goals is a bit of a pipe dream.

My point is it would cost a lot of money to find such a player. So yes it's a bit of a pipe dream.

My point is it would cost a lot of money to find such a player. So yes it's a bit of a pipe dream.
I'm not sure it has to. I know we stink at scouting so we're probably not going to find the diamond in the rough but there are guys out there who haven't been uncovered that can really play.

Unbelievable even now with Chelsea increasing their bid and still the lad is yard dog by some here, the fact he sets the press by example to the point he sacrifices his game and literally runs himself dead every game trying to get Everton over the line is why he is wanted elsewhere by regular champion league outfit.

And score 10 league goals in the PL from a wide position. I'm not sure who they are.
That's not the only way to play, I'd gladly take someone who could get 5 goals and 10 assists the same I would 10 goals and 5 assists.

Gordon isn't capable of either at the minute, whether he will be in the future is hard to say, I lean toward yes still but I'm not gambling 45m on it.

We can sign two wide players with that money and have two chances of finding one that can produce the numbers mentioned. We can improve our odds for once.

That's not the only way to play, I'd gladly take someone who could get 5 goals and 10 assists the same I would 10 goals and 5 assists.

Gordon isn't capable of either at the minute, whether he will be in the future is hard to say, I lean toward yes still but I'm not gambling 45m on it.

We can sign two wide players with that money and have two chances of finding one that can produce the numbers mentioned. We can improve our odds for once.

I mean that's moving the goalposts a bit.

But by the same token, I don't think there are many of those players either. It's not as easy as people think.

All the indications are the clubs are still talking. That wouldn't happen if we had made it clear he wasn't for sale at any price.

Just because publicly the message is not for sale, doesn't mean the player is not for sale. This is going how most Everton transfers out used to go under BK.
He’s going alright, just a matter of when and how much and if any Chelsea players are coming here on loan or otherwise.

I'm not really sure that it is, the point remains the same, Gordon has to improve substantially to reach what I would call being an above average PL wide player.

It's funny you see him as below average, yet an elite team want to pay a obscene amount of money for him.

Maybe he has average output, because hes in a poor team, and they can see his talent? What would pros who work within football know though!

I don't really buy the RWB rumors personally, but Conte and Tuchel are both nuts so it's possible. Yeah Smith-Rowe's stock has dropped a little, but this is Arsenal fans we're talking about...he's certainly shown more than Gordon to this point. Nketiah is a good comparison, except that his only job is to score goals whereas Gordon has to graft a lot more on the wing.

Nketiah is a couple of years older and probably is a bit better than Gordon currently has shown. It may be where Gordon ends up quality wise if he doesnt progress much over the next 2 years.

As for Smith-Rowe, he's not even getting much in sub minutes thesedays but walks into our team.

How much would Arsenal rate him at?

What he has done is become a valuable asset for the club, his agent will be so well aware of this.

You protect your assets and you keep them as happy as possible.
Not recognising his increased worth is not the way to keep the player happy.

What is his actual on pitch value to Everton though?

As in, if we were to sign a carbon copy of him from elsewhere how much would it cost us?

Limited end product doesnt warrant a huge salary increase. I also dont see where the 'increased' worth is -- aside from Chelseas insane offer.

Whose to say if its rejected the next offers are £20-25mil...which is around his current value.

Smith Rowe is older than him, but honestly is Smith Rowe was better, Chelsea would just go and pay 50m for him, as theres no way Arsenal could turn that down.

Smith Rowe cant play RWB would be my guess...Arsenal turned down £30mil from Villa last year.

I wonder if they'd take that now?

It's funny you see him as below average, yet an elite team want to pay a obscene amount of money for him.

Maybe he has average output, because hes in a poor team, and they can see his talent? What would pros who work within football know though!
Tbf no one has ever paid a lot of money for a player who didn't end up being very good.

Nketiah is a couple of years older and probably is a bit better than Gordon currently has shown. It may be where Gordon ends up quality wise if he doesnt progress much over the next 2 years.

As for Smith-Rowe, he's not even getting much in sub minutes thesedays but walks into our team.

How much would Arsenal rate him at?

What is his actual on pitch value to Everton though?

As in, if we were to sign a carbon copy of him from elsewhere how much would it cost us?

Limited end product doesnt warrant a huge salary increase. I also dont see where the 'increased' worth is -- aside from Chelseas insane offer.

Whose to say if its rejected the next offers are £20-25mil...which is around his current value.

Smith Rowe cant play RWB would be my guess...Arsenal turned down £30mil from Villa last year.

I wonder if they'd take that now?

Theyd be daft to turn down 50m IMO mate.

Let's put it this way, would you be happy if we were bidding over 30m for Smith Rowe?

Status
Not open for further replies.