Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got you fam!

Serhou Guirassy is getting closer to the Premier League.

#Everton loan talks are train station and could come to the library after Arnaud Kalimuendo's disco.
A loan for Guirassy solves a short term problem without long term commitment, I guess. But it does also suggest we’ve blown the budget elsewhere, when we still lack quality up front.

No way is that dude 26

skysports-serhou-guirassy-guirassy_4900631.jpg
I heard he's yakubus uncle .

In those situations you can often see a player choosing a bigger club and basically forcing their own clubs hand to accept a lower bid than they would to a rival. Same reason you're more likely to sell players to a foreign league than to a PL rival for a premium, Coventry selling him to Boro weakens their team whilst strengthens Boro's, selling to us only weakens them.

Also with the player he mighn't be too fussed with going to Boro as they're just a mid table club at the minute comapred to us who are a full division better who he'd probably be desperate to move to. Like with Richy this summer with us, Spurs offered probably below what we'd have liked but he was desperate to move to a Champions League club, if Southampton or Wolves both came in and offered £60m we'd probably have rejected it, could've got more and he probably wouldn't have cared much to move.

Seeing the same thing with Gibbs White and Forest at the minute, £40m for him at the minute is a ridiculous price but Wolves have all the power, if even just Arsenal or someone wanted him though he'd probably go for £25m because he'd kick up a fuss. Same with Maddison to Newcastle for £50m+, another ridiculous sum.

These are actually prime examples of how unfair FFP and all that has been and why it's totally unbalanced against non established European clubs, the "top 6" can pay less for better players because of their allure of European football, an allure that they can guarantee because they can outspend other teams, teams that they can outspend becasue they can spend less for better. It's a vicious cycle.
Yeh, can definitely see player power forcing the move for a lower amount in this situation.

The patience we seem to still be showing for Broja is hopefully based on something concrete by now and not just a “we’ll see”. It certainly sounds like the club is confident he will come in, Chelsea have given no real public indication they’ll let him leave, and it doesn’t appear logical that they would, but by now the private discussions must be more advanced or we’d move on.

Puts us in a tricky position though if they are holding off til they bring one in. How long do we wait? What if they fail and pull the plug? But if we believe that we’ll likely get him albeit not for a few weeks we surely can’t just go sign another outright 9 like the lad from Coventry and then end up with 4 for one spot.

In ideal world maybe we sign a versatile forward like Terrier / Dennis who can do centre forward now but other positions when we have our main options in place. But can we afford to do that and get Broja (even a loan fee wouldn’t be pennies)?
I believe Chelsea are working on Aubemeyang. I imagine we are waiting for that to happen.

If Chelsea weren't willing to let him go we would have moved on from him. I would expect, the deal is essentially done in terms of fees etc and it will be concluded quickly once Chelsea bring in the striker they want.

Cov fan here.

Gyok had performances last season where he looked miles beyond Championship level. His goal return is not a reflection on how good a CF he is. Some strikers will score you goals but provide little else, that is the opposite of Gyokeres. Though he's improving at scoring, and suspect this season if he stays he's bagging 25 goals. You only have to look at some of the Championship success stories in recent years to know that if you're consistently quality at that level, you can convert it to the PL. Crucially his energy and athleticism is PL level, and probably good at that. If Lampard wants to press he can do it with Gyokeres.

Cov fan here.

Gyok had performances last season where he looked miles beyond Championship level. His goal return is not a reflection on how good a CF he is. Some strikers will score you goals but provide little else, that is the opposite of Gyokeres. Though he's improving at scoring, and suspect this season if he stays he's bagging 25 goals. You only have to look at some of the Championship success stories in recent years to know that if you're consistently quality at that level, you can convert it to the PL. Crucially his energy and athleticism is PL level, and probably good at that. If Lampard wants to press he can do it with Gyokeres.
Thank You

Sign...

Yeh, can definitely see player power forcing the move for a lower amount in this situation.
I mean in a way we just seen it with Onana, I'd assume even though we offered the same sum at the end of the transfer as West Ham did I can't imagine we paid nearly as much up front as they would've but the player made it clear he wanted to move to the bigger club in us and wouldn't entertain West Ham so there wasn't much the team could do to stop him unless they wanted to lose out on the fee altogether.

Looks absolutely dog$hit
He's decent. Depends what we want him for. If we sold DCL and replaced him directly with Guirassy, I'd be worried. If he is to deputise for DCL and push him and it allows us to sign another forward too that is better or has potential to be, e.g. Terrier or Broja, then it is a smart signing.

There is a major shortage of 'no. 9s' at the moment. It's why utd and Chelsea have been struggling to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.