Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d never heard of Gyokeres before, looking at the goals he scored last season, he didn’t get a single one with his head. We have sort of built a team around getting it wide and crossing.

Several of them looked to be deflections, lucky bounces through and him not getting a clean kick on the ball. Also, half of them cane from absolutely atrocious defensive mistakes, the kind that happens much less at the top level.

He has had one half decent season in the championship at the age of 23. That's probably his level.

If we get him, I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

Paul Brown reckons the profile we're looking for is similar to DCL, tall, rangy target man, so I expect us to sign someone the complete opposite now.

Think the journos are all putting 2+2 together atm assuming we will look for as close a player to DCL as we can and linking us with anyone over 6'2
A bit like Ellis Simms?!!

Several of them looked to be deflections, lucky bounces through and him not getting a clean kick on the ball. Also, half of them cane from absolutely atrocious defensive mistakes, the kind that happens much less at the top level.

He has had one half decent season in the championship at the age of 23. That's probably his level.

If we get him, I'll be happy to be proved wrong though.

He just looks bloody naff. Can feel it.

Not worth it, in fact not worth getting full stop, looks like a seaside donkey with footy boots on.
He was class last season, but the seasons before were nothing special...

But that could have been his breakout season. He's better than the championship, but one of those players like Jordan Rhodes that might not be Premier League standard until someone takes a gamble? If he has another great championship season he'll move to the prem for £20m

Status
Not open for further replies.