judge us at the end of the transfer window – not now

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the final ebening of the window, all will be revealed. *strokes cat on revolving chair and continues big screen conference call with agent Usmanov.

Thank you, fearless leader
Everton-owner-Farhad-Moshiri-1.jpg

Decent start but part of the "end of window" judgement will be based on not just players in / out but points on the board and where we sit in the table. Think the pressure is on to get a result or two in the next matches.

Sold our best player for a knockdown price to get themselves out of the FFP mess they created. The money recouped has thankfully been spent by Thelwell who seems to have a sensible head on his shoulders who i imagine has to spend 50% of his day fending off calls from Moshiri with questions like "Alexis Sanchez is available for 25m & 150k a week. Shall i put a bid in?"

We are currently geared up to be hard to beat , similar to burnley. If we had a Richarlison on top of this foundation I'd be excited.

Hopefully the new midfield has a lot more industry and injuries become kinder to us.

We're still going to need to gel , a lot of new players on the pitch.

Most importantly we need firepower urgently. I feel we could have played until new year against Chelsea and still not score.

Why are people judging the window a success when, first, it is still open and, second, not one of the players we have signed is sure to be a success?

I mean, when Tarkowski and Coady are part of a defence that is keeping seven clean sheets out of 10 and Onana is dominating midfield battles and setting up Dwight McNeil for eight of his 15 Premier League goals in 2022/23, then we can all start to suck each other's appendages.

Until then, punts.

And we could yet sell Gordon for 40m before the window "slam shuts." Now THAT would be a cause to consider things a bit of a success, to be fair...

Coady, Gueye, JT - solid. (JT has looked incredible).

McNeill - need convincing.

Vinagre - padding.

What my name - no idea.

Open minded in the main, see how it all comes together. I’d like a little more creativity in between the lines and a focal point.

Tarkowsi and Coady are improvements in defence. Will be interesting to see how they play together and who will play alongside them. At the other end it's a big season for McNeil to offer creativity. I don't know anything about Onana so interested to see him play and show what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.