Confirmed Signing Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup BUT we didn't.

West Ham have been in the division 9 years though since their last relegation - tbf they've only had two relegations in the past 20 years and weren't even in the league when the prem started mate.

But by all means yes they are a far bigger draw than us, as are Palace, Forest, Villa and pretty much every other league team in the land of seeing though in the context of one or two seasons

The thing we have, is a good young coach who is well known. But also in this instance, he knows he will be 1st choice here. At West Ham he will be behind Soucek and Rice, who to be fair are both very good.

Think West Hams plan is for him to replace Rice and have a season bedding in. It's how Moyes likes to do it, and Moyes will be quite honest about it to players.

Here, he will be straight in the 1st team.

The lack of any creativity in that midfield 3 scares me. I'd rather Iwobi start who will at least carry the ball and look to link up with the striker. I dont think you'd need Onana, Gueye AND Doucoure in hte same midfield.

HOWEVER.

It would be nice to have players who can slot and change and do each others jobs game-to-game.
if we get O`Nana and Gueye we might be surprised and see Allan moved on

Looks an absolute beast do like the methodical way KT is doing business the one glaring issue is up front we are clearly waiting on Broja or another on loan but with so many games in a short period we better not be waiting long

If we don’t concede we don’t lose.

We had a very successful strategy of a not great quality striker up front with Marcus Bent once upon a time… we just need someone up top Who can run all day (and hopefully has a better skill set than Marcus did)
I was thinking the same. There are still opportunities from corners and free kicks. Having an extra 6'5" presence would certainly help

Just the scoring goals to win games thats the issue now..
We didn't do much of that last year and stayed up so with a much improved midfield I'd be confident of staying up with the team as it is. Although agreed I would like a striker in as well.

The lack of any creativity in that midfield 3 scares me. I'd rather Iwobi start who will at least carry the ball and look to link up with the striker. I dont think you'd need Onana, Gueye AND Doucoure in hte same midfield.

HOWEVER.

It would be nice to have players who can slot and change and do each others jobs game-to-game.
With Onana and Gana as a base you could play Alli or a Doucs as a ten would be so great to sort the midfield out with options, we have needed that for years! I have to hope this wouldn't stop us loaning a forward or two as well.

Looks an absolute beast do like the methodical way KT is doing business the one glaring issue is up front we are clearly waiting on Broja or another on loan but with so many games in a short period we better not be waiting long

We aint challenging for europe this season so I'm not fussed if we dont get all that we need until 31st August tbh.

This season is all about pushing top half - Chelsea and Villa away our first 2 games will both be back to the walls defending and hoping to nick a scruffy goal anyway.

Signing a CF wont make much difference to the game plan of those 2 games realistically providing Dele can step up and hold the ball as a target man type forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.