2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard ultimately wanted to build a side around a bloke who's quad is completely finished - he took a gamble on him keeping fit and it hasn't paid off.

Should have been touting him to the Geordies once the window opened and used any fee to bring in 2-3 attacking players.

We knew the FFP score this summer - cant afford to be keeping a £50 million asset on the treatment table diminishing in value but thats Everton for yer.
We'll be fine. Big Yerry at the other end will see to that.

Oh.

Loaning Simms and Dobbin was sure a master stroke wasn’t it…

Honest answer mate is yes it was, Simms has been deemed not good enough and Dobbin isn't a centre forward in reality

Loaning them means both hdveva much better chance if development and actually hsving a future here then keeping them just in case and if what happened happened we still likely wouldn't use them in preference to other options

Wold you seriously start Dobbin on Saturday ahead of Dele or Simms ahead of him?

2088.jpg

Bring a blue home

We should have had a striker in. We have tried - Cornet, Broja, Gibbs-White. I agree trying isn't good enough, they need to be in asap, but unfortunately Everton - through every fault of their own - haven't had money.

Let's say they had paid £20m up front for Gibbs-White like Wolves wanted. That was Everton done, for the window. Nothing, nada, unless they'd managed to flog some other players - which they still need to do.

As it is they've managed to stretch funds over 2-3 signings. They might have to now bite the bullet and go and pay Cornet's fee that Burnley want (a lot of it upfront) or same with Dennis at Watford. But don't expect other signings if that happen

We should have had a striker in. We have tried - Cornet, Broja, Gibbs-White. I agree trying isn't good enough, they need to be in asap, but unfortunately Everton - through every fault of their own - haven't had money.

Let's say they had paid £20m up front for Gibbs-White like Wolves wanted. That was Everton done, for the window. Nothing, nada, unless they'd managed to flog some other players - which they still need to do.

As it is they've managed to stretch funds over 2-3 signings. They might have to now bite the bullet and go and pay Cornet's fee that Burnley want (a lot of it upfront) or same with Dennis at Watford. But don't expect other signings if that happens.
Get cornet and Dennis and flog DCL when fit, to get the money back. He's becoming a liability.

We need a striker in who we can rely on, for sure.

But I'd have Gray up front or even Alli before I'd ever have even a fit DCL starting TBH.

It's not really a bad blow if we can get a striker in who actually puts himself about and plays a lot of games. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse this board need to get the manager that striker.
Gray and Alli upfront before a fit DCL ????

The glue is strong in this one.

Get cornet and Dennis and flog DCL when fit, to get the money back. He's becoming a liability.
No one will touch DCL now, and if they do it will be 15-20 mil tops unfortunately. His injuries are a concern. And bar Carlo season he hasn’t be a out and out goal scorer. So he what warrant a bigger fee. I agree with you he is becoming a liability. True we don’t know the injury he has got, however they keep happening. Need a replacement. Well as you said we need 2 but money wise we can’t.

We know he was suffering with mental problems.
Dave, Im just going to say this pretty bluntly. As someone who dealt with mental problems last year and has broken bones in the past, I would rather break every [Poor language removed] bone in my body than deal with the mental problems. You have no concept of what he was going through as everyone is different but don't ever minimize what someone is dealing with in their own head. It's beyond terrifying.

Status
Not open for further replies.