2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he was injured.

That injury was really bad, and as he tried to get back to fitness - despite the Fat Pig Man insisting he'd come back just fine - he kept getting niggles.

He might never be the same again. Everton do need another striker, they would like one, they would very much like Armando Broja. They wanted (maybe still want) Gibbs-White, who played CF for Sheff Utd at times. I'm sure there's other targets. The window hasn't shut yet.
The league starts in 4 days, this isn't an argument with any substance

The league starts in 4 days, this isn't an argument with any substance
We should have had a striker in. We have tried - Cornet, Broja, Gibbs-White. I agree trying isn't good enough, they need to be in asap, but unfortunately Everton - through every fault of their own - haven't had money.

Let's say they had paid £20m up front for Gibbs-White like Wolves wanted. That was Everton done, for the window. Nothing, nada, unless they'd managed to flog some other players - which they still need to do.

As it is they've managed to stretch funds over 2-3 signings. They might have to now bite the bullet and go and pay Cornet's fee that Burnley want (a lot of it upfront) or same with Dennis at Watford. But don't expect other signings if that happens.

Yes, he was injured.

That injury was really bad, and as he tried to get back to fitness - despite the Fat Pig Man insisting he'd come back just fine - he kept getting niggles.

He might never be the same again.
Everton do need another striker, they would like one, they would very much like Armando Broja. They wanted (maybe still want) Gibbs-White, who played CF for Sheff Utd at times. I'm sure there's other targets. The window hasn't shut yet.

He had one good season for Everton. Let's not pile that one on Benitez.

Right, and you are using that as an extra reason against him? I'm not sure what your point was in the question.
Whoa, whoa...YOU were the one admonishing me last week for not recognising his issues.

You cant have your cake and eat it.

Apparently his knee went. ‘Felt like he’d been shot’. Everton worried he’s out for the season. i give up. I really do.

He had one good season for Everton. Let's not pile that one on Benitez.
What are you on about?

Benitez relied on him so much that his entire rhetoric when he was defending his awful run that saw us drop to relegation candidates by January was that 'it'll be fine in the 2nd half of the season when DCL is back'

I actually agree with you, Dom's had 1 outstanding season and then the others before that were him developing. Last season was his chance to continue that good form but unfortunately he got injured, and the manager at the time made it worse by bringing him back early in training in September, against medical advice.

Dom needs to get fit and stay fit but we don't know what's happened here. What if he's gone up for a header and had an awkward landing because he's been nudged? What if it's just a sprint and something has pulled... We don't know, so we'll have to wait and see what the club say, or what Lampard says on Friday.

The injury got last season was one of the worst for when it comes to getting back fit sustainably again.

Nobody can accuse him - not saying you are - of not keeping in shape etc, just look at him, but the injury he got just meant every other part of him was compensating, and it's why he's had so many niggles since. Big worry.

Exactly the reason you sell whilst the price you can get is able to replace mate.

If this is a very bad one then this basically goes from 50m to 20m on his value, even a minor one for a few weeks now likely knocks off 5-10m and each reoccurring knock lowers it further

Status
Not open for further replies.