2021/22 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He wasn't just injured though was he?

The bottom line is that we cant rely on this player. I'm sure this will be a couple of weeks out, but it'll recur.

We need to ideally get two strikers in and get shut of Rondon...and look eventually to get shut of DCL.

That's what any functioning and serious football club would be looking to do...Look for upgrades.

Of course, Everton will just persevere...
Yes, but because we haven’t acted like a functioning and serious football club behind the scenes we now have no money.

Identifying two strikers and getting them in is going to cost more than we have…. And if it doesn’t, you’ll be among the first to shout that we have bought in cheap dross.

We are in a state, face it.

Lampard ultimately wanted to build a side around a bloke who's quad is completely finished - he took a gamble on him keeping fit and it hasn't paid off.

Should have been touting him to the Geordies once the window opened and used any fee to bring in 2-3 attacking players.

We knew the FFP score this summer - cant afford to be keeping a £50 million asset on the treatment table diminishing in value but thats Everton for yer.

You can't put all your eggs in the basket of one player but this club does it over and over again then wonders why we continue to fail.

We need a striker in who we can rely on, for sure.

But I'd have Gray up front or even Alli before I'd ever have even a fit DCL starting TBH.

It's not really a bad blow if we can get a striker in who actually puts himself about and plays a lot of games. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse this board need to get the manager that striker.

Lampard ultimately wanted to build a side around a bloke who's quad is completely finished - he took a gamble on him keeping fit and it hasn't paid off.

Should have been touting him to the Geordies once the window opened and used any fee to bring in 2-3 attacking players.

We know the FFP score this summer cant afford to be keeping a £50 million asset on the treatment table diminishing in value but thats Everton for yer.
Absolutely 100% correct.

Just have to hope it's not serious but reoccurances after the serious injury he had are bad bad news. We have to bring someone in now it's critical.

We need a striker in who we can rely on, for sure.

But I'd have Gray up front or even Alli before I'd ever have even a fit DCL starting TBH.

It's not really a bad blow if we can get a striker in who actually puts himself about and plays a lot of games. Hopefully this is the kick up the arse this board need to get the manager that striker.
I guess if you're going to commit to a bit, you might as well really commit it to it, huh.

But you are using it as a beating stick to elevate you point that we need to get rid of him, when it's plainly down to the fact you just don't like him. You act like he chose not to play and just chose not to be available.
Excellent work, I'm a big fan of @davek but not a fan of his stance on DCL.

Status
Not open for further replies.