2021/22 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not just 1 persons view though is it ??!!

Its 3/4 managers and their own coaching staff..then also the U18 / U21 coaches and managers - They will al have input.

The more people involved, the less likely its "wrong" - Not saying he is wrong for any other level....just our level.
Not surprise they were all wrong. Look at our signings over a period of 2 DOF and 5 managers.

I don’t think anybody can judge how a player will turn out unless given a run of games. Carlo refuse to start Gordon, we had loads of people using the same argument that manager knows best but it turns out not entirely true.

Simms deserves to play some role in the team, we don’t have money to sign a striker anyway. Relying on a 34 year old no mark is hopeless.

He can, but is he actually much quicker than Rondon? I have barely watched Simms, but i thought his speed, or lack there of, is one of the reasons he isnt getting a look. A player can be slow and effective if they have great movement, maybe Simms doesnt. Wasnt impressed with the amount he scored in Scotland either t

He can, but is he actually much quicker than Rondon? I have barely watched Simms, but i thought his speed, or lack there of, is one of the reasons he isnt getting a look. A player can be slow and effective if they have great movement, maybe Simms doesnt. Wasnt impressed with the amount he scored in Scotland either tbh.
Tectonic plates move as quickly as Rondon.

Not surprise they were all wrong. Look at our signings over a period of 2 DOF and 5 managers.

I don’t think anybody can judge how a player will turn out unless given a run of games. Carlo refuse to start Gordon, we had loads of people using the same argument that manager knows best but it turns out not entirely true.

Simms deserves to play some role in the team, we don’t have money to sign a striker anyway. Relying on a 34 year old no mark is hopeless.
Was Carlo wrong about Gordon tho?

Was Carlo wrong about Gordon tho?
Should have start more games instead of playing a terribly out of confidence and out of form iwobi.

Anyway my point is, managers are just like normal people, forming decisions base on his opinions, and opinions are not always 100% right no matter how much information is fed.

I just don’t buy into “they watch them train they know best” argument.

Should have start more games instead of playing a terribly out of confidence and out of form iwobi.

Anyway my point is, managers are just like normal people, forming decisions base on his opinions, and opinions are not always 100% right no matter how much information is fed.

I just don’t buy into “they watch them train they know best” argument.
Managers are human, they hold bias, if for some reason they take a dislike to somebody, it's over for them.

But countless managers have "overlooked" Simms, I find it hard to believe they all have it in for him.

Maybe it's just him.

Based on what ??!! His goalscoring record in kids footy, and some fans who never really watch him??!!

He has failed to convince dozens of decision makers in and around him, day in /day out.

Gordon was always in Carlo's squads, he used him. He didn't completely ignore him and send himout on loan, masisve difference.

Managers are human, they hold bias, if for some reason they take a dislike to somebody, it's over for them.

But countless managers have "overlooked" Simms, I find it hard to believe they all have it in for him.

Maybe it's just him.

We will never know unless Simms is given a run of games. Some players react and develop differently when given a responsibility and role within the team. It’s up to him but we should at least give him a chance. We are short of strikers and can’t afford to sign a proper backup.

We will never know unless Simms is given a run of games. Some players react and develop differently when given a responsibility and role within the team. It’s up to him but we should at least give him a chance. We are short of strikers and can’t afford to sign a proper backup.
Literally the worst argument in football this.

Literally the worst argument in football this.
Plenty of lads were saying Gordon and dcl will never make it in this league. Look what happen after a good run of games.

Like I say, it’s hard to judge how young players will develop unless given a chance to play.

Plenty of lads were saying Gordon and dcl will never make it in this league. Look what happen after a good run of games.

Like I say, it’s hard to judge how young players will develop unless given a chance to play.
You've never seen me have a run of games but I would be surprised if you think that should happen. 'We'll never know unless we give him a chance' is just a terrible argument that makes no sense in the real world and is based on desperate hope rather than any understanding or knowledge.

You've never seen me have a run of games but I would be surprised if you think that should happen. 'We'll never know unless we give him a chance' is just a terrible argument that makes no sense in the real world and is based on desperate hope rather than any understanding or knowledge.

We are talking about a young professional footballer who is more than capable of playing football than regular poster in this forum. Weird comparison.

We are indeed desperate. No money with a useless 34 years old as backup.

Its not our job to do that, thats the point of the coaches and staff at the club who work with him every single day.

I work in an office, i don't think Im in a better position to judge Simms, even if I watch him play a few mins in friendlies.

The day to day work a player does is key, thats a point most fans always ignore or just refuse to take on.

Status
Not open for further replies.