Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I quite like the 3421 we played today as, other than maybe the current poor CM options it suits our personnel as well as any formation can. The 3 at the back allows Patterson and Myko to provide the width while the 2 behind the striker play fairly narrow and if both work hard (as guys like Gordon and Iwobi can) they can get back to support the midfield 2 when out of possession to prevent the 2 from being overrun. To make the formation work we probably need two central midfielders (to make any formation work we need this) and one more versatile forward as a minimum requirement from the rest of the window. Possibly a LWB to alternate with Myko although Cornet if signed could also cover that position.

I quite like the 3421 we played today as, other than maybe the current poor CM options it suits our personnel as well as any formation can. The 3 at the back allows Patterson and Myko to provide the width while the 2 behind the striker play fairly narrow and if both work hard (as guys like Gordon and Iwobi can) they can get back to support the midfield 2 when out of possession to prevent the 2 from being overrun. To make the formation work we probably need two central midfielders (to make any formation work we need this) and one more versatile forward as a minimum requirement from the rest of the window. Possibly a LWB to alternate with Myko although Cornet if signed could also cover that position.
Given our personnel, we should be setting up to play on the counter most weeks. 3 at the back probably makes the most sense for us to do that. As you say, we need 2 new midfielders regardless.

Given our personnel, we should be setting up to play on the counter most weeks. 3 at the back probably makes the most sense for us to do that. As you say, we need 2 new midfielders regardless.
Yeah I think rather than get too adventurous early on we should set up to be solid as we did at the back end of last season in games like United and Chelsea, and just scrap to get points on the board early that might allow us to get more expansive as the season goes on, rather than have to chase points late on again.

For me if the budget is limited to only two fairly inexpensive signings plus loans, of the names realistically linked I'm spending money on Dendoncker as a sitting / physical midfielder and Cornet as versatile attacker / wing back. Then loan Gilmour and / or Winks to provide the creativity in midfield (unless Gallagher becomes available). If we could squeeze room in the budget then ideally also MGW as another creative attacking option.

Nearly 33 but I think he would be good for 2 seasons given his injury record and natural fitness. I suspect he has improved in possession since he last played here to

He also hasn't played a huge amount of football in the last 3 season so hopefully he would have some gas in the tank.

20 years old, two years left on his current deal, 19 goals and 5 assists in 63 Ligue 1 games (all on loan at Lens, vast majority at CF)... It's a yes from me.
Would like us to to try for this type of player if we can get the right price.
Gana is 32 could he handle another season in the Prem and if so could we event get him back?
Would be similar to allan so would rotate him in the team, would be a good deal in the short term for me giving us more mobile player in cm and we could get a holding one in aswell

Move on from Gana lad would soon be a wage drain his main attribute is his speed and physicality that will inevitably wane over the next few years...

First of all it’s not a quote, did no body go to school, I referred to it (derogatorily). Secondly it’s a rumour thread mate no body believes anything in it, least of all me.

Hang on to the Tolber pal given the strength request and all.
Just tucking into it now....

Was a very safe bet

Status
Not open for further replies.