Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t matter until there are 3 points up for grabs

It does matter and I care cause after the poor season last year I’d of liked to of seen something a bit better in pre season to maybe give me and the squad some confidence going into the season.

No game of football matters unless there are points up for grabs or cup progression is on the line

I don’t make the rules, it’s just a fact

After everything that happened last season, I was genuinely hoping the players would come back with a hunger and desire to put things right and show what they're capable of from the off ( you know when you hear them say "we shouldn't be anywhere near the bottom as our quality is too good" ) but WOW last night was so bad.

If we sold Holgate, Keane, Godfrey (all 3 absolutely woeful), Davies, Doucoure they wouldn't be missed at all.

Gray and Gordon have looked dreadful both matches. DCL lacking any kind of sharpness in front of goal. Patterson dreadful, Nkonkou dreadful, Iwobi anonymous bloody hell it's an absolute mess.

I'd say Mills has impressed more than anyone. Welsh was good against Arsenal but must have picked up a knock. Gbamin looked a lot more mobile last night.....that's all I've got

The less said about Rondon who is an embarrassment the better, Dobbin came on and showed nothing, Warrington came on and got 25 minutes only to be hauled off.

Multiple holes in the squad, attitude is still absolutely woeful, they're still not mentally capable of coping, physically not fit, huge lack of quality all round.

Absolutely grim
But apart from that it wasn't too bad?.

No game of football matters unless there are points up for grabs or cup progression is on the line

I don’t make the rules, it’s just a fact
I don’t usually look too much into pre season games but after last season the players are shot of confidence and a thrashing at a MLS side and players looking at the likes of Davies and Keane around them must be thinking this is going to be tough.

Just laugh and move on. Doing yourself no good getting wound up about a pre-season game

We’ve been hammered by worst teams before - some random Austrian side put 7 past us under Moyes.

None of this matters until there are points at stake
...Just like last season? Points were at stake then and we dropped most of them!

Yes, I am getting wound up because its plain to see what lies ahead this season too. I'm not really sure how fans can not be alarmed by the state we are in.

Hopefully a lesson in disguise.

More positional sense as they were all over the place, helping fullbacks who were left wide open, full backs caught up the pitch, not playing as a team on the same wavelength.

More back to basics and then develop the fluidity as the season goes on.

JANUZAI doesn't, winks doesn't, Gilmour doesn't, the ones that do we won't afford and bill probably thinks barkley will appease us silly fans by bringing back our prodigy son on a late loan as some sort of incredible coup. Admittedly he would actually improve us but don't want him no where near this club after the way he left us. But let's watch this incredibly vast space.

They would apart from Januzai (have enough below par wide players).

Winks and Gilmour do things we don't have...fitness and ability to pass a ball. Instantly improve us. Barkley too would link midfield to attack and drive with the ball. We don't have that.

Not changed my mind..we need a functional side.

Some of those being quoted wouldn't improve us. They would just add to an ever increasing pool of complete dross and sap the wage budget.

Cornet I think improves us as he seems to bring goals

Winks and Gilmour I disagree on because they're not the type of player we need in my opinion. Too passive and don't add enough defensively or offensively.

Broja I honestly have no idea about but it seems he's out of our budget

Januzaj would be a terrible bit of business. Another non-value adding winger that would want fairly hefty wages and will no doubt see out his contract as would be unsaleable.

Gallagher and Morgan Gibbs-White are the calibre that will change this team for the better. They bring energy and are direct. We need these kind of players to remove the slugs currently infecting our team.

They all do apart from Januzaj.

Winks and Gilmour are genuine number 6s who keep the ball and pass it. We don't have 1 player than does that. And those two would be loans....

Not changed my mind..we need a functional side.
If you're solid, you're more likely to not lose game; from there, you can build momentum and start to look at attacking options.

We know there's an issue with chances, which we need to fix, but it's exacerbated by having a defence and midfield that looks all over the place.

As the ol' saying goes, you need a spine down the middle of the team - well, our midfield doesn't have any.

I was never one for setting any store by pre season tours and friendlies.

But in recent years I have noticed they have been a preview of what lies ahead over the coming autumn, winter and spring.

Another season of mediocrity beckons.

If you're solid, you're more likely to not lose game; from there, you can build momentum and start to look at attacking options.

We know there's an issue with chances, which we need to fix, but it's exacerbated by having a defence and midfield that looks all over the place.

As the ol' saying goes, you need a spine down the middle of the team - well, our midfield doesn't have any.

100%.

Said the same. I'd rather judge our attack when it has a functional midfield behind it.

We have 5 midfielders - Doucoure, Allan, Homes, Davies. Gomes won't be playing. Allan injured.

Midfield is in desperate need of a destroyer and a CM who can pass a ball

100%.

Said the same. I'd rather judge our attack when it has a functional midfield behind it.

We have 5 midfielders - Doucoure, Allan, Homes, Davies. Gomes won't be playing. Allan injured.

Midfield is in desperate need of a destroyer and a CM who can pass a ball
Enter Gbamin

Status
Not open for further replies.