Everton Pre-Season (Tours) 2022/23 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
JANUZAI doesn't, winks doesn't, Gilmour doesn't, the ones that do we won't afford and bill probably thinks barkley will appease us silly fans by bringing back our prodigy son on a late loan as some sort of incredible coup. Admittedly he would actually improve us but don't want him no where near this club after the way he left us. But let's watch this incredibly vast space.

gilmour improves that midfield last night no question, he can actually pass to a team mate 5 yards ahead of him (still think we should be looking elsewhere though).

gilmour improves that midfield last night no question, he can actually pass to a team mate 5 yards ahead of him (still think we should be looking elsewhere though).
I can only judge on him at Norwich we're he was disliked and booed, and Norwich are a passing team. Is it not odd no one else is even linked with him. Let's face it any of us would improve that midfield.

Just laugh and move on. Doing yourself no good getting wound up about a pre-season game

We’ve been hammered by worst teams before - some random Austrian side put 7 past us under Moyes.

None of this matters until there are points at stake
Does matter when we can’t even score and concede 4 against Minnesota and players look awful not even up to playing in the MLS never mind good enough for the premier league, would it still not matter if they played an got beat by a amateur side still good for fitness right? There was only 4 sides worse than us last season we’ve lost our best player and some squad players that was bit part players but did a job so we’re currently weaker depth wise and player quality. Unless the promoted sides are complete tosh we’re in serious trouble

When these players want to play they can. They showed that last season. They’ve just got no application most of the time. A very very lazy group.
We had occasional passages of play against a MLS side but when we get in the final 3rd that’s the problem we lack quality all over the pitch no good getting across the half way line into the final 3rd and can’t put it in the net because we look likely to concede on every attack against us.

Does matter when we can’t even score and concede 4 against Minnesota and players look awful not even up to playing in the MLS never mind good enough for the premier league, would it still not matter if they played an got beat by a amateur side still good for fitness right? There was only 4 sides worse than us last season we’ve lost our best player and some squad players that was bit part players but did a job so we’re currently weaker depth wise and player quality. Unless the promoted sides are complete tosh we’re in serious trouble

It doesn’t matter until there are 3 points up for grabs

We’ve been beaten/put in poor performances by amateur and worse sides before. This was before the advent of social media. People didn’t care. Just laugh and move on.

Just a continuation of last season to look forward to.
It was the fans that got us over the line last season.
Too early to panic?

No, not at all.

Failure of the board to improve the squad, through their own carelessness, has left us in a right mess.

Now, 2-weeks to go until kick off, and we’re 4 players down, and our most effective player left to balance the books.

Panic away, you’ve every right.

He was keen to go. Reported he had a gentleman's agreement to stay until the end of last season only.

Then that's even worse, why was no replacement lined up ? Where is our planning or strategy ? Clueless from top to bottom and it will never change until these idiots who run us are gone. We have become a footballing embarrassment, a fossil from a bygone age. Let's just wait for the football stories that will be planted in certain newspapers about the players losing faith in Lampard, then it will be rinse / repeat sack manager / entourage number 7 or is it 8 ? Cost ourselves another fortune and start all over again.
Sorry rant over..

Then that's even worse, why was no replacement lined up ? Where is our planning or strategy ? Clueless from top to bottom and it will never change until these idiots who run us are gone. We have become a footballing embarrassment, a fossil from a bygone age. Let's just wait for the football stories that will be planted in certain newspapers about the players losing faith in Lampard, then it will be rinse / repeat sack manager / entourage number 7 or is it 8 ? Cost ourselves another fortune and start all over again.
Sorry rant over..
We never have a replacement lined up. Gana couldn't have given us more notice than he did,yet still no effective DM.

Which bit? That club's find arrangements by deadline day if they need to get shut of players?

Or that players like Winks, Cornet, Broja, Gilmore etc won't improve us??

Some of those being quoted wouldn't improve us. They would just add to an ever increasing pool of complete dross and sap the wage budget.

Cornet I think improves us as he seems to bring goals

Winks and Gilmour I disagree on because they're not the type of player we need in my opinion. Too passive and don't add enough defensively or offensively.

Broja I honestly have no idea about but it seems he's out of our budget

Januzaj would be a terrible bit of business. Another non-value adding winger that would want fairly hefty wages and will no doubt see out his contract as would be unsaleable.

Gallagher and Morgan Gibbs-White are the calibre that will change this team for the better. They bring energy and are direct. We need these kind of players to remove the slugs currently infecting our team.

We’ve been beaten/put in poor performances by

We’ve been beaten/put in poor performances by amateur and worse sides before. This was before the advent of social media. People didn’t care. Just laugh and move on.
It does matter and I care cause after the poor season last year I’d of liked to of seen something a bit better in pre season to maybe give me and the squad some confidence going into the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.