2021/22 Michael Keane

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Michael deserved the honour of captaining Everton. He is a professional guy, dedicated, and really cares about this club," said the Italian.
"He has improved, I think, in the past year and is consistently at a good level."
Ancelotti added: “Michael this season is really good, really consistent, he never made a mistake."

Carlo Ancelotti.

"terrible defender mate, it's crystal clear for those who know a thing or two about football"

Some bloke on a forum.

terrible defender mate, it's crystal clear for those who know a thing or two about football
In my opinion he is suited to one style and one style only. He is not suited to a possession based team, one that pushes a high line. He is terribly clumsy in defending while running back to goal.

However. If you sit back and sit deep He is quite ok playing with the game in front of him.

All of his mistakes have been during rapid turnovers and when teams attack us at pace breaking our lines. But every time we show up to sit a game out He actually isn't bad at all.

Just my take on it

"Michael deserved the honour of captaining Everton. He is a professional guy, dedicated, and really cares about this club," said the Italian.
"He has improved, I think, in the past year and is consistently at a good level."
Ancelotti added: “Michael this season is really good, really consistent, he never made a mistake."

Carlo Ancelotti.

"terrible defender mate, it's crystal clear for those who know a thing or two about football"

Some bloke on a forum.
should he stay at Everton Football Club forever cuz Carlo trusted him for a while?

And his replacement is?
Don't quite get this POV.

If Lampard does go with three centre backs, why would anyone pick Keane as one of them? He's consistently showed complete ineptitude playing in a three. In any such system, we'd probably line up thus:

RWB Patterson - RCB Holgate - CB Tarkowski - LCB Godfrey - LWB Mykolenko

If it's a flat back four (which I'd prefer):

RB Patterson - RCB Tarkowski or Holgate - LCB Tarkowski or Godfrey - LB Mykolenko

Not including Mina because he's rarely fit. And if Mina is fit, he slots in ahead of Keane anyway.

TL;DR: we don't need a replacement for Keane. He's currently our 4th/5th choice CB.

Better than Holgate and Godfrey

Obviously I would still sell all 3
Pretty much this, see even I dont think he is amazing, and i would like better, but he is an automatic starter for us next season and we cant afford to replace him when we have parts of the pitch that its vital we look at, and we cant sell him because the fee wont be worth the risk

If Lampard does go with three centre backs, why would anyone pick Keane as one of them? He's consistently showed complete ineptitude playing in a three. In any such system, we'd probably line up thus:

RB Patterson - RCB Tarkowski or Holgate - LCB Tarkowski or Godfrey - LB Mykolenko

Not including Mina because he's rarely fit. And if Mina is fit, he slots in ahead of Keane anyway.

TL;DR: we don't need a replacement for Keane. He's currently our 4th/5th choice CB.
;)

I bumped into a distraught Michael Keane at the Trafford centre a few years ago.

He was clutching an open bag of toffee popcorn to his chest like a widow with her pearls. I asked him what was up and if there's anything I can help with and he just looked at me with his watery, cow-like eyes and said "It's the popcorn. I don't know what to do with my popcorn."

Turns out they wouldn't let him in Fat Face with open food and he was mortified. Didn't have a clue what to do with himself.

I asked his mum to hold them while he bought his shorts and everything was ok in the end. Poor lad.

Willing to bet he plays more games than all our CBs next season other than Tarks.

Like he has every season hes been at the club.

His first and last season were his worst by far. Every other he has played for us he has been our top distributor in the back line and completely dominant in the air- even contributing to a fair amount of goals.

If we had a decent midfield and he had a consistent/competent defensive partner, I’d find it easier to judge him harshly. The central midfield has always been the biggest problem apart from a small sliver of Carlo’s tenure.

His first and last season were his worst by far. Every other he has played for us he has been our top distributor in the back line and completely dominant in the air- even contributing to a fair amount of goals.

If we had a decent midfield and he had a consistent/competent defensive partner, I’d find it easier to judge him harshly. The central midfield has always been the biggest problem apart from a small sliver of Carlo’s tenure.
So what we are saying, is when Tommy D is not in the middle of the park, Keane struggles. ?
Gonna see a storming season from Keane then, as the way it is going t.dog will be in the middle.of the park.?

Status
Not open for further replies.