Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well hes been their captain as a 21 year old.

Leaders can be young as well. Thats all im saying...we could have got him instead of Palace.

There may be a better player his age out there who may be a leader as well.
Agree with all of that but they are rare. Also good teams have a blend of experience and youth.
Our current ‘experienced’ players are either not natural leaders, injury prone or just not very good. Or all three.

Well hes been their captain as a 21 year old.

Leaders can be young as well. Thats all im saying...we could have got him instead of Palace.

There may be a better player his age out there who may be a leader as well.
Hopefully our scouting network can unearth one of these types.
Good teams are also full of leaders.

My personal opinion is that we are going to be stuck with another ageing sub par player on exorbitant wages. Any player aged 26 or over who’s given a long term deal is the same until proven otherwise.

My personal opinion is that we are going to be stuck with another ageing sub par player on exorbitant wages. Any player aged 26 or over who’s given a long term deal is the same until proven otherwise.
We are going to have to sign four or five players as we simply don’t have the money to purchase them all. Realistically, three or four of them will have to be free transfers and there will be the same debate over every one we sign.

If we don’t get them, there will be gaping holes in thd squad.,

tbh, I think in free agent market, it's difficult to find another defender like Tarkowski - a leader and defends strongly. But he has mostly been with Burnley. would he be useful if there isn't a proper no. 6 shielding in midfield and the entire might not defend with him?

I hope we only give him a 2-year deal and hope he makes the impact immediately. The fans will definitely take to him if he defends like he did every time against us. He isn't the exciting signing but I guess with FFP, Leeds & Burnely breathing down our necks - he's the best free option we can get.

Although I think his signing goes against what Lampard & the club has said about our future recruitment policy; I think our back 4 needs to be injected with some leadership. In theory, it makes sense but reality, i don't know.

Reading a lot on here how good he is. I'm not going to dispute that either way as i havent watched enough of him.
But
I sometimes look at careers when i see that mentioned. And at nearly 30 he's played for oldham brentford and burnley. Is it fair to say he'd have had better clubs if he was as good as some say. Its a bit like doucoure for me. Got him at 27 and by then he'd only played for watford and rennes.
They're at a level for a reason and thats fair enough. But not 90/100k a week please. Not for that standard of player. We're just chasing our tails with these transfers. Deal has to be right. If not let another club pay him.

tbh, I think in free agent market, it's difficult to find another defender like Tarkowski - a leader and defends strongly. But he has mostly been with Burnley. would he be useful if there isn't a proper no. 6 shielding in midfield and the entire might not defend with him?

I hope we only give him a 2-year deal and hope he makes the impact immediately. The fans will definitely take to him if he defends like he did every time against us. He isn't the exciting signing but I guess with FFP, Leeds & Burnely breathing down our necks - he's the best free option we can get.

Although I think his signing goes against what Lampard & the club has said about our future recruitment policy; I think our back 4 needs to be injected with some leadership. In theory, it makes sense but reality, i don't know.

Why would he sign a 2 year deal?

Reading a lot on here how good he is. I'm not going to dispute that either way as i havent watched enough of him.
But
I sometimes look at careers when i see that mentioned. And at nearly 30 he's played for oldham brentford and burnley. Is it fair to say he'd have had better clubs if he was as good as some say. Its a bit like doucoure for me. Got him at 27 and by then he'd only played for watford and rennes.
They're at a level for a reason and thats fair enough. But not 90/100k a week please. Not for that standard of player. We're just chasing our tails with these transfers. Deal has to be right. If not let another club pay him.

Well he could have joined West Ham for £30mil last year or £50mil the year before (Burnley rejected £20mil and £30mil offers).

Would you have been happier then?

But

Not having it that you need a plethora of top clubs to make you a renowned pro. I look at the likes of Jagz for example. Lower league footballer. More than capable. Not sold on Tarkowski personally but happy to go with him. Can't be worse than what we've got already surely ? Add a sprinkling of leadership too.

Status
Not open for further replies.