Confirmed Signing James Tarkowski

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what it's like, yeah. What's different about it?

All of them were tied to significantly lengthy contracts, with higher wages?

So therefore we’re not burdened with him for the extra 2-years like we were with…

Tosun, Bolasie, Sandro.

My personal opinion is that we are going to be stuck with another ageing sub par player on exorbitant wages. Any player aged 26 or over who’s given a long term deal is the same until proven otherwise.
My personal opinion is that the board haven't got a foggiest what they're doing. Hopefully this new DOF sorts things out but I remain skeptical. Signing Tarkowski would be the epitome of "Everton that!"

It's one thing signing a player like Distin when he was coming to the end of his career, he was top class and still had a lot to offer. Tarkowski is a serial relegation battler. We need better.

You think Bolasie was on more than £120k a week?!

Bolasie was on £100k from what I was told.

All the evidence suggests that we’ve offered him £90k a week. I wouldn’t do longer than 3-years for the reasons I made in my earlier post.

3 years means a quick rid, look at Ashley Williams, for prime example.

All the evidence suggests that we’ve offered him £90k a week. I wouldn’t do longer than 3-years for the reasons I made in my earlier post.

Most estimates had Bolasie on around £70k a week and I don't think there's any 'evidence' we've offered him anything is there? We're just going off rumours, many of which have him being offered £120k a week.

Surely Colwill is more obtainable now that Huddersfield missed out on promotion. Can't see him getting into Chelsea's team anytime soon.

Jagielka was not a lower league footballer.
He just been relegated from the Premiership with Sheff. Utd when we signed him.

Fully aware. He'd plied his trade in lower leagues though mate. Poor example to be fair. Was gonna say Harry Maguire to be fair but kept it closer to home.

90k a week though. thats challenging for honours sort of money. Wether we like it or not the clubs been run so stupidly over the past few years we're not feeding anywhere near the top table. And likely not to be for a while. We're competing mid table right now. Do you think brighton wolves etc are paying 90/100k a week to defenders.
I think we're largely in this mess because we pay out like this. Bernard 120k. Most players playing for Champion league competing teams are not on that.
What seems to be lost here is he's a relegated player from Burnley. He's hardly jaap stam.

Surely Colwill is more obtainable now that Huddersfield missed out on promotion. Can't see him getting into Chelsea's team anytime soon.
hope more we get Tarkowski. We need a leader at the back. Colwill might be a good purchase if we continue with 3 at the back. But he is very young to be a starting CB for us even if he is highly rated.

I'm on board with this , we've been stung far too many times with average players waiting for better options. This leads to overpayment and a player that hasn't bought in to playing for us.
Absolutely. I know we aren't exactly in rude health but we need players who genuinely want to be at the club. Players who see the shirt, the badge, the fans and believe it's an honour to play.

I know that's a bit of wishful thinking right now with our current predicament but if players truly don't believe Everton is the massive upgrade over Burnley that it genuinely is then we don't want them.

For too long we have been trying to sign mediocre mercenaries on wages that are double, triple, quadruple even, of what they were previously on. We shouldn't have to slap them over the head with a pile of cash to sign them. A modest pay rise should be all that's needed. If they aren't enticed by a decent pay increase and the pride of wearing the shirt then they're the wrong player. We need players to think "bloody hell Everton want me" and not "hmmm is it Everton, Villa or Southampton for me?"

I honestly believe Richarlison felt that way. That we were a significant upgrade over Watford. Not only in terms of wages, and current standing but also the magnitude of the club, the ferocity of the fans and the history. Just look at how he has performed for us. That's the kind of attitude we need from players.

90k a week though. thats challenging for honours sort of money. Wether we like it or not the clubs been run so stupidly over the past few years we're not feeding anywhere near the top table. And likely not to be for a while. We're competing mid table right now. Do you think brighton wolves etc are paying 90/100k a week to defenders.
I think we're largely in this mess because we pay out like this. Bernard 120k. Most players playing for Champion league competing teams are not on that.
What seems to be lost here is he's a relegated player from Burnley. He's hardly jaap stam.
90k is not challenging for honours money.... at least not anymore.

It is a free transfer of an experienced Premiership player kind of money.

90k is not challenging for honours money.... at least not anymore.

It is a free transfer of an experienced Premiership player kind of money.

From what i looked at the highest paid player at burnley is ben mee on 50k.
Experienced doesnt mean that much tbh. Michael keane is an experienced premiership player. Doesnt mean i'd have him here if he was at another club

Status
Not open for further replies.