Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a reset.

I mean its pretty "simple", no Ins without Outs, any Outs will provide our kitty.

We are at the edge as far as splurging and it will require some prudence till we can, sadly.

The loss of USM sponsorship really can not be overlooked.

I assume Delph, Tosun, Kenny (although minimal) will provide some wiggle room. NOt to mention Digne's wages to Mykolenko must be a difference as well.

Dont think we are potless. Also dont think we can afford to not sell DCL or Richy if we want to really revamp the team a bit.

I assume Delph, Tosun, Kenny (although minimal) will provide some wiggle room. NOt to mention Digne's wages to Mykolenko must be a difference as well.

Dont think we are potless. Also dont think we can afford to not sell DCL or Richy if we want to really revamp the team a bit.
We have made minimal wage savings over the course of the season, with players like Hamez, Digne leaving, but also adding players.

This summer we of course shed quite a few more and I could argue that the savings would potentially offset the loss of USM, but thats just money saved over a year, its not money in the bank, yes it could potentially mean a signing, but as I say, the USM loss is an issue.

Currently, we potentially have the Kean sale, if Juve do us a solid and pony up this Summer, IMO any other Ins will be have to be paid for by Sales.

Im sure there is a degree of wiggle room, but whilst this Burnley/Leeds story is a desperate attempt, it MIGHT shine a brighter light than we already have on us.

We will spend money this Summer, but I personally think we will need to sell somebody we dont wish to to really do things, as you say.

We won't have to replace all of the players leaving.

I see much change however a lot of it will be around the fringes.

The squad needs a huge overhaul obviously but in terms of the immediate future, even three new signings who can come in and improve the team would be an enormous difference.

We simply have to get players in who can make an immediate impact and do not have limbs made of paper. I don't buy all this settling in and adapting nonsense. Good players fit in. We just cannot afford to have new players spending time in the treatment room. They are as good as useless to us there.

Get a few players in that are thought out for the impact they can make and also try to replace any of Pickford/Richy/DCL should they leave.

The rest of it will take several windows although with the PL being what it is, it shouldn't be hard to improve.
Mykolenko took time to settle. To be honest he had settled quite quickly really. Some players do, some don’t. There are many factors that affect it.

i think pickford and DCL will stay unless silly money is offered.
sadly i think richarlison will be off if anyone meets the valuation.
we need to follow the example of palace and sign young hungry players not 30 year old crocs!
cant see the point in renewing delph either.
Said exactly the same walking out the ground last nite

Mykolenko took time to settle. To be honest he had settled quite quickly really. Some players do, some don’t. There are many factors that affect it.
I don't mind that, it was comparatively quick enough.
But I don't really buy taking an entire season or longer. You can grow into the side and improve for sure, but its so rare for us to get a player that can hit the ground running quickly and we shouldn't accept not being able to find those players as some default state.

I don't mind that, it was comparatively quick enough.
But I don't really buy taking an entire season or longer. You can grow into the side and improve for sure, but its so rare for us to get a player that can hit the ground running quickly and we shouldn't accept not being able to find those players as some default state.
I don’t know what you would do to change it. Is it some sort of support that the club isn’t offering new players?

I don't think tarkowski is an improvement on Keane. When you play with a deep defence this type of player can look good. But if you want to play a high line then they can be caught out.
You dont need to have two quick centre backs to play high line. With Godfrey we have one with great recovery, the other one should be a leader. And Tarkowski is miles better defender than Keane.

You dont need to have two quick centre backs to play high line. With Godfrey we have one with great recovery, the other one should be a leader. And Tarkowski is miles better defender than Keane.
Is he though? Keane looked pretty solid when he was at Burnley and has more England caps and is same age. As pointed out earlier Keane looks poor when exposed and there was a lot of exposing going on at times this season. But when played in a rigid disciplined defensive system he excels as does tarkowski and really there's not a great deal to choose between them. In my opinion of course

I don’t know what you would do to change it. Is it some sort of support that the club isn’t offering new players?
It's just a reflection of our dismal recruitment in general. It's never totally fixed, but we can certainly do better and get players in ready to hit the ground running sooner rather than later.

I'd have to say that's easier when you already have a strong squad and team, but we've become conditioned to our signings not making the desired impact at all, let alone quickly.

That has to change. It's different if it's an 18 year old over a 23 year old for example, but at the end of the day it comes down to whether recruitment is good enough.

We just don't have the luxury of signing players on a 3 year contract and waiting a whole season or more till they settle, if at all.

So how many games has Alli played now? My understanding is that when he hits game 20 we have to pay 20 million so factor that into your thinking for next seasons budget. Would love it if he has new belief to play because his blood has turned blue, but a decision needs to be taken in the summer if he is key for us next season

Lonergan, Kenny, Sigurdsson, Tosun & Delph’s expiring should give us a good amount of wages spare, de Beek & El Ghazi are both said to be on high wages too.

Hopefully we can add a good amount of sales to that as well. There’s not many in the squad I’d have as people I desperately want us to keep

So how many games has Alli played now? My understanding is that when he hits game 20 we have to pay 20 million so factor that into your thinking for next seasons budget. Would love it if he has new belief to play because his blood has turned blue, but a decision needs to be taken in the summer if he is key for us next season
Think it was 20 games, 10million mate.

And he has played 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.