Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think pickford and DCL will stay unless silly money is offered.
sadly i think richarlison will be off if anyone meets the valuation.
we need to follow the example of palace and sign young hungry players not 30 year old crocs!
cant see the point in renewing delph either.

In an ideal world we could move these on...

An enormous amount in wages + perhaps around £90mil in fees.

1: Sigurdsson out of contract
2: Kenny out of contract
3: Tosun out of contract
4: Delph out of contract
5: Lonergan out of contract
6: Van De Beek end of loan
7: El Ghazi end of loan
8: Kean Pretty much gone
9: Allan
10: Mina
11 Holgate
12: Keane
13: Gomes
14: Gbamin
15: Rondon
16: Virginia
17: Gray
Out of that list who will still be on contract, I think we’ll see the back of Gomes, Gbamin, Rondon, and Virginia. Throw in Rich and/or Dom which feels like a certainty one goes, and that’ll likely be our business on outs unless a good offer comes in out of the blue. No one is matching the wages for guys like Keane and Allan and paying decent fees on top of that.

As long as Mina, Keane and Gomes are among the "outs", I don't care. Simply cannot start another campaign with such fragile players in the spine of the team.

Getting their huge wages off the payroll will help our finances, and they must all have low book values now so even modest fees *should* represent a "profit" for the purpose of calming the FFP accountants down.
I think realistically Keane will stay. Mina and Gomes will definitely go assuming we have buyers. Not sure who we'll bring in at CB but could see us trying for Gallagher to bolster the MF numbers. We'll be losing Delph, VdB, Gomes and maybe Allan so we'll need 2 or 3 in there. Gallagher and Gilmour?

Always liked Jack Harrison at Leeds, wouldnt go down well with the Budesliga Disco Scouts though.

Hes the wide version of Stuart Barlow.

Id go for Raphinha, Gelhardt, Philipps and some of the young players stepping up from u23 level.

Not necessarily a bad thing. We want attacking fullbacks because of how we played under Moyes. We don't need to play that way going forward and I'd say having 2 competent wide forward players would mean we don't need attacking fullbacks as much and would even benefit from them being a bit more defensive.
Wan Bissaka is a good player.

In theory we could have him as the right 'wide' centre back in a 3...also in a 4 he and Mykolenko as more balanced full backs.

If we wanted a solid defence then Wan Bissaka is a no brainer + use creativity in midfield or play a more direct style.

I think Patterson starts and we he goes back to Palace.
I usually agree with believing Spurs are not always as attractive as many tend to assume. But Kane looking to stay and Son seeming to never attract interest from larger teams is important to note. They also have invested pretty well and then theres the biggest factor Conte. Man is unequivocally one of the best. How long he will see out Tottenham is a question but two seasons under him I find it hard to think they don't garner some kind of silverware.

Pickford has been immense, maybe course correcting his worse habits from his younger self. The last year plus he has been stable and commanding I wouldnt have foreseen. He also is clearly the highest value he has ever been at the club. At 28 and considering the project on our hands a sell is pragmatic with the right offer. A year or two he will be in the middle of his prime with a value thats likely plateaued because so. If he is drawing interest it's likely in the clubs best interest to move on. That said beyond Spurs I don't see who it would be in for him.
If we keep Pickford then we should aim to have him for another 6+ seasons until he retires.

If we plan to sell then we need to go after Bazunu at City or someone equally as highly rated.

The thing that worries me with the squad;

RB - I think we need to replace Coleman
DM - I don’t think Alan is actually a DM, he would be in the CM category for me. I think this is a problem area, I think when Delph has been missing we have lacked a proper Tackler in there.
AM - I don’t think we can just have Dele, potentially Iwobi could play there or Townsend
ST - for me Richarlison is better out wide, so I wouldn’t put him in the striker category. If we keep him and DCL, we need a better option the Rondon, maybe that’s Simms, but I’m not sure

CB, DM, CM WF, CF

5 new signings.

Johnson from Notts

Notts = Notts County

Nottm = Nottingham Forest.

Out of that list who will still be on contract, I think we’ll see the back of Gomes, Gbamin, Rondon, and Virginia. Throw in Rich and/or Dom which feels like a certainty one goes, and that’ll likely be our business on outs unless a good offer comes in out of the blue. No one is matching the wages for guys like Keane and Allan and paying decent fees on top of that.

We can sell Keane + Allan for low fees which would still show a profit for us. That takes the edge off the wages.

I wonder if any of the players who might have been off might think they owe us ie Dom? He has basically spent all season trying to get fit so is he just going to pop off to a new club now and give them the benefits of his fitness next season or is he going to give us one more season?Or am I being sentimental,? I suppose it depends on the bids we get. I think the likes of Richy, Gomes, Allan, Virgina, Mina, Kenny, will go along with the out of contract/loan players.

Status
Not open for further replies.