Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wan Bissaka was a key part of United's good 2019 and 2020 seasons. Their defence conceded similar figures to Liverpool and City. He would be a good full time player with Patterson playing cup games and Coleman as last resort.

If we go off what formations Lampard has favoured - 3-4-3 or 4-3-3

We certainly lack in the following areas:
Centre Back
Defensive Midfield
Central Midfield
Striker

We have a lot of contracts expiring:
Kenny - possible new contract
Delph - possible new contract
Alleged No 10 - jail?
Tosun - Turkey
Lonergan - retirement

We also say goodbye to Van de Beek and El Ghazi who won't be sticking around. Plus Kean's transfer activation looks likely he will leave.

Current Squad 2022/2023 - * under 23's

GK - Pickford/Begovic
RB - Coleman/Patterson
LB - Mykolenko/Nkounkou*
CB - Mina/Godfrey/Holgate/Keane/Branthwaite
DM - Allan/Gbamin
CM - Doucoure/Davies/Gomes/Warrington*
AM - Dele
LW - Gray/Iwobi/Dobbin*
RW - Gordon/Townsend
ST- DCL/Richarlison/Rondon/Simms*/Broadhead*

So squad wise, we are weak and need to find some quality but we have tight restrictions so we need to look into our academy and rough diamonds who we need to take a chance on but ultimately get some luck.

Lets hope Lampard is backed, we conduct our transfers fast and those players (DCL, Richarlison, Mina) linked with moves away move fast so we can use the funds to rebuild.

Wan Bissaka would be good at the right price, solid player and still young with a good injury record. Wonder what he'll get sold for, £12-15m?
It's not just the transfer fee. It's the wages that come with any United player.

Holistically I think it's hard to guess what might happen in the summer. Will some of the bigger name players want to stay? Maybe but will those with 2 years left on their current deals want to extend after a season battling relegation? That's a difficult one to answer but something that may need to be resolved.

The other aspect is being able to shift players that aren't wanted, particularly those on big wages. Same issue, but on a different scale, to AWB and United.

The last piece is how much money there is to spend. I'm far from a financial expert and don't try to worry about that side of things too much. But from the little I've heard Covid losses, loss of sponsorship deal and FFP issues may hinder our ability to spend.

There seems to be too many unknowns to say with any certainty that the club should sell players A, B, C... and buy Players X, Y, Z. There might be loads of money to spend. Equally it might be a cost cutting exercise this summer.

If 3 at the back is Frank's preference, is a defensive full back like Wan Bissaka viable as the right-sided CB (he's 6 foot tall)?

Feel its a really big job to turn the oil tanker around and play in the way the manager wants and according to his philosophy.

I think we need something in every line.

Center half - we're awful at set peices, we need a couple Mina our highest earner is great when he plays but he doesn't play.

Center midfield - we need steel and battlers, i like Allan and Doucoure and i wouldn't be opposed to keeping both next year and them starting, but we need guile, a bit more steel and a technicial player, who can dictate rhythm and tempo, play through the lines and control possession.

Creativity: you get it from a 10 an 8, on the flanks or your full backs - this is a priority, to my mind we have poor creative players and we dont et the best out of DCL and Richarlison, essentially anything the lads did this season they fought for or created themselves.

The summer is going to be a tough gig, lets not fool ourselves that we will have financial limits and we will need to be creative and we cant get one wrong. Thats before we look at who may go and need replacing.

The squad list is becoming manageable however, we are down to about 24 on July 1 st.

It's not just the transfer fee. It's the wages that come with any United player.

Holistically I think it's hard to guess what might happen in the summer. Will some of the bigger name players want to stay? Maybe but will those with 2 years left on their current deals want to extend after a season battling relegation? That's a difficult one to answer but something that may need to be resolved.

The other aspect is being able to shift players that aren't wanted, particularly those on big wages. Same issue, but on a different scale, to AWB and United.

The last piece is how much money there is to spend. I'm far from a financial expert and don't try to worry about that side of things too much. But from the little I've heard Covid losses, loss of sponsorship deal and FFP issues may hinder our ability to spend.

There seems to be too many unknowns to say with any certainty that the club should sell players A, B, C... and buy Players X, Y, Z. There might be loads of money to spend. Equally it might be a cost cutting exercise this summer.
I assure you, new players will be bought, old players will be sold, and in a year this wheel will turn again - that's the game.

We'l have a job of work to convince Brennen Johnson id say, we dont exist in a vacuum the likes of Spurs, Leicester, WHU will all be sniffing around him and Brentford showed an interest last year. Not impossible, scenes like last night help as does Frank as he will be an icon to a lot of young English talent, particularly attacking midfielders.

Thats presuming Forest dont go up themselves.

Lampard will be a big pull for young English players you feel.

I can't imagine wan bissaka is one of man utds higher earners. They signed him after a few seasons at Palace and he was really young. I'd expect something between 80k-100k he's on now? Is that much these days?

All the talk over Richy/DCL possibly leaving I think a few teams will be sniffing around Pickford after his hot form these past few months.

Likes of Spurs and Utd I could see showing an interest and tbh if we could get say £60 million for Englands number one and allow us to keep our 2 forwards but spend a fair bit on 3-4 good players to rebuild the team it wouldn't be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.