Everton Summer Transfer Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the obvious problem, these three are the parts of the squad that need fixing the least, but they may well be off…

Richy will have offers and go
DCL may have offers and selling him does the most to help our financial situation (his sale would be almost pure profit)
Pickford probably most likely to stay

On top of replacing those we need 1-2 CBS, 1-2 CMs and a RB. It’s going to be a heck of a summer.

Hes the wide version of Stuart Barlow.

Id go for Raphinha, Gelhardt, Philipps and some of the young players stepping up from u23 level.

Wan Bissaka is a good player.

In theory we could have him as the right 'wide' centre back in a 3...also in a 4 he and Mykolenko as more balanced full backs.

If we wanted a solid defence then Wan Bissaka is a no brainer + use creativity in midfield or play a more direct style.

I think Patterson starts and we he goes back to Palace.

If we keep Pickford then we should aim to have him for another 6+ seasons until he retires.

If we plan to sell then we need to go after Bazunu at City or someone equally as highly rated.

CB, DM, CM WF, CF

5 new signings.

Notts = Notts County

Nottm = Nottingham Forest.

We can sell Keane + Allan for low fees which would still show a profit for us. That takes the edge off the wages.

Dont think we woukd get any bar Gelhadt, but I think a stint in the championship be good for him.

Harrison is a good player, under the radar, in my opinion.

DCL will likely head to Arsenal

Richarlison (I think) will go to PSG

Which means we have around £130m from just those two players to rebuild.

Even with mass exodus, don't think we'll have loads of scope to bring new players in.

It'll be incremental change of 3/4 windows imo.
£370m loss in 3 years will impact for while yet.

Important thing is Lampard/DOF stamp identity + style of play on whole club.

Keeper - maybe Pickford will leave. Pope obvs replacement if he does + Begovic decent back up.

Defense - think only Mina will leave tbh. Need left sided centre-half, obvs Bassey at Rangers will be in demand.

Midfield - a real horror show. I'd get rid of them all tbh but don't have that luxury. Think he'll keep Doucoure + Davies (it'll take him few months to work out he's not good enough) + wouldn't surprise me if Delph got one year extension.

Someone mentioned Gibbs White, who's looked good + think Sander Berge could do job as DM.

Strikers - pretty sure Richarlison leaves + think Lampard will do everything to keep DCL. Breton Diaz will deffo move + Johnson depends on whether Forest go up.

Also big chance for young players to impress Dobbin, Onyango etc.

Just hope we can offload likes of Gomes, Allan, Gbamin.

We won't have to replace all of the players leaving.

I see much change however a lot of it will be around the fringes.

The squad needs a huge overhaul obviously but in terms of the immediate future, even three new signings who can come in and improve the team would be an enormous difference.

We simply have to get players in who can make an immediate impact and do not have limbs made of paper. I don't buy all this settling in and adapting nonsense. Good players fit in. We just cannot afford to have new players spending time in the treatment room. They are as good as useless to us there.

Get a few players in that are thought out for the impact they can make and also try to replace any of Pickford/Richy/DCL should they leave.

The rest of it will take several windows although with the PL being what it is, it shouldn't be hard to improve.

New CB, a leader. A really, really good one. New DM. By far the biggest priority. Then a forward that complements richy and gordon, fast and good hold up play. Maybe a new AM. 4 players in total. But the biggest money should be for a CB and a DM. We reallyneed more resillience.

Not that I wouldn't sell if the right offer came in, but I'm a little surprised by how many think Pickford is one of the likeliest to leave. I just don't see where he would go unless something unexpected happens (eg Loris leaving) and he doesn't need to be competing for a starting role right before the WC. One of our longest tenured players at this point and I haven't seen any hints that he would like to move on.

I just don't think anyone is going to meet our valuation of DCL after that uneven season with injuries. Best thing for him and the club if he wants a move is to come back healthy and firing next season. That should be enough to get him on the WC roster ahead of Abraham, Watkins, etc and then he'd still have plenty of time on his deal for us to charge what we want next season.

Richy is the one I'm concerned about because he has a year less on his deal, plus he's ended the season in good form. I'm still skeptical that someone will meet our valuation, but I'm expecting some big money to be thrown around this summer and he would fit into a lot of teams with his work rate and versatility as an attacker.

Definitely need 1-2 CBs, 2-3 CMs, 1 striker and probably 1 full back and 1 winger. Going to be a huge challenge. With that in mind, I could understand selling one of the three mentioned above.

I think we will look to the Championship a lot for recruits.
No issue with that if they're mid table standard with potential to be great. Championship players tend to be hungry for it too. Do not want to see us singing anymore top 6 cast offs who have no hunger or relegated players

Even with mass exodus, don't think we'll have loads of scope to bring new players in.

It'll be incremental change of 3/4 windows imo.
£370m loss in 3 years will impact for while yet.

Important thing is Lampard/DOF stamp identity + style of play on whole club.

Keeper - maybe Pickford will leave. Pope obvs replacement if he does + Begovic decent back up.

Defense - think only Mina will leave tbh. Need left sided centre-half, obvs Bassey at Rangers will be in demand.

Midfield - a real horror show. I'd get rid of them all tbh but don't have that luxury. Think he'll keep Doucoure + Davies (it'll take him few months to work out he's not good enough) + wouldn't surprise me if Delph got one year extension.

Someone mentioned Gibbs White, who's looked good + think Sander Berge could do job as DM.

Strikers - pretty sure Richarlison leaves + think Lampard will do everything to keep DCL. Breton Diaz will deffo move + Johnson depends on whether Forest go up.

Also big chance for young players to impress Dobbin, Onyango etc.

Just hope we can offload likes of Gomes, Allan, Gbamin.

Most of that has been offset by COVID/BMD hence Burnley and Leeds cryarsing mate.

The rules are currently anything over £105 million losses over a 3 year period is breaking the rules and we supposedly haven't broken said rules.

Which means hypothetically if DCL went to Arsenal for £65 million in the summer our losses would drop to say 30-40 million over a rolling period assuming we posted a profit on the books this season which I imagine we did with the Digne sale on top of James/Benard/Walcott/Digne/Bolasies wages off the books.

Add in a potential sale of Kean in the summer I imagine selling one of DCL/Richarlison/Pickford basically allows to reset ourselves as it were and go again in the market for a splurge.

Most of that has been offset by COVID/BMD hence Burnley and Leeds cryarsing mate.

The rules are currently anything over £105 million losses over a 3 year period is breaking the rules and we supposedly haven't broken said rules.

Which means hypothetically if DCL went to Arsenal for £65 million in the summer our losses would drop to say 30-40 million over a rolling period assuming we posted a profit on the books this season which I imagine we did with the Digne sale on top of James/Benard/Walcott/Digne/Bolasies wages off the books.

Add in a potential sale of Kean in the summer I imagine selling one of DCL/Richarlison/Pickford basically allows to reset ourselves as it were and go again in the market for a splurge.
Not really a reset.

I mean its pretty "simple", no Ins without Outs, any Outs will provide our kitty.

We are at the edge as far as splurging and it will require some prudence till we can, sadly.

The loss of USM sponsorship really can not be overlooked.

Always had a hunch that Gray was the cheap replacement for Richarlison.

If you look at the bookends of a terrible season you can see the importance of Richarlison, Mina and DCL to the team. You can also see the importance of a defensive midfielder in Delph or Allan.

Mina and Delph need more robust replacements.

I like the Gray, Richy, DCL and Gordon options over a season, it would be a shame to break that up but I guess we need serious cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.