Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every single one of us has got to it give it one more push, a scrappy 1-0 win will do it, wouldn’t it be nice tho for a comfortable 2-0 win. Let’s just find the energy for one more push and get them over the line.

I had a feeling we were down after the burnley game but after switching to a more positive one recently, the reality of this club hit home. We have to go and get a result in the week now against palace but it feels like if we stay up now it is because of other teams rather than what we do. The same players being asked to go and get a result over 2 games in 4 days are the same ones who could not get a result against the last 2 games which is quite scary to think about after the highs of the recent performances. It is almost like we have reverted to type again, we had a brief spell of the team we wanted them to be, ability lacking, but now we see the team that is fighting relegation, exactly where they deserve to be. There is a huge issue of attitude and desire that we have cultivated at goodison and even if we do stay up i really can't see a way of getting rid of it by august.

Palace have nothing to play for either bar pride.
I think people need to be a little more logical is all. Hard I know but it's why neutrals and bookies see us staying up
Felt that way with Brentford early on too I thought before we went a man down. It's a shame the way things went yesterday, but like you said, we need to be more logical. The bookies know we have two games to get 2 points, one of those games is at home under the lights and they know just how big Goodison is for this team.

Palace are the type of side we really struggle against. Full of pace and counter attack. We will have to stick to the 5 at the back, assuming we have another CB to come in. It's do or die on Thurs as we are not getting anything vs Arsenal

Stuck a £5 on at 12/1 after Watford embarrassment
Should have done what I did:

Last summer
£150 on Italy winning the Euros: £400
£100 on Everton relegated at 40/1 (£4,000 payout)
My usual "annual insurance policy"

Yesterday
£20 on West Ham/D & Leeds/D double: £85
£100 on Brentford/D: £177
£10 on Wissa anytime: £33
£250 on Palace/D, Arse/D and Leeds: (£1,250 payout)

Total winnings after we drop: £5,250

Not a bad golden handshake for 26 years of near-uninterrupted misery, and ridicule from the red horde. I never wanted it to come to this, but when beds are shat and good, honest fans are stabbed in the back by shabby recruiting, speculative spending from an unfit investor, and zero respect from above stairs, you might as well cash in.

Such is the way I'm feeling now, I've half a mind to put £100 on Everton dropping into League One. Hopefully I'll be able to do it before the inevitable points deduction for going into admin.

Only time will tell if the money I'm about to win can heal the huge gaping hole in my very soul.

me working out Arsenal's Xg with a pen and paper tonight

E0MG76-e1560965378507-1200x1270.jpg

Should have done what I did:

Last summer
£150 on Italy winning the Euros: £400
£100 on Everton relegated at 40/1 (£4,000 payout)
My usual "annual insurance policy"

Yesterday
£20 on West Ham/D & Leeds/D double: £85
£100 on Brentford/D: £177
£10 on Wissa anytime: £33
£250 on Palace/D, Arse/D and Leeds: (£1,250 payout)

Total winnings after we drop: £5,250

Not a bad golden handshake for 26 years of near-uninterrupted misery, and ridicule from the red horde. I never wanted it to come to this, but when beds are shat and good, honest fans are stabbed in the back by shabby recruiting, speculative spending from an unfit investor, and zero respect from above stairs, you might as well cash in.

Such is the way I'm feeling now, I've half a mind to put £100 on Everton dropping into League One. Hopefully I'll be able to do it before the inevitable points deduction for going into admin.

Only time will tell if the money I'm about to win can heal the huge gaping hole in my very soul.
So, you will have won £1250 by this time next week, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.