Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah fair enough, it was my daughters second birthday party today and I was just checking my phone must of the day. It's just annoying tbh, I don't want to waste another weekend of my life on it

I don't think it's even possible to be happy if we stay up by leeds and Burnley not winning on the final day.
Yes, priorities. These players are not worth losing that precious time with family.

You are also right about the manner of us staying up. We had a target of four points at home from six to do it ourselves - and we couldn't even take it to the second game. If we stay up, it looks like it will be by default. There is no self respect in staying up this way. Don't get me wrong: beggars can't be choosers, but this is a shameful time to be a supporter of this great club.

Don't forget Jimenez receiving a second yellow card for Wolves vs Leeds being taken out by the Leeds goalkeeper. We would already be safe even just with competent officiating in that game. Cruising 2-0 at the time

Nothing convinces me that Everton are capable of another point. The team is depleted and looks out cold.

Final day we wont get a thing at Arsenal and we'll be banking on Brentford.

Palace will spank us, IMO. They'll terrorize that defence of ours.
Twists and turns. We can always hope, but if you put a gun to my head on whether we stay up or not, I think I would have to say we will go now. We have had chances to get safe and we have managed to find spectacular ways to implode. Thursday will likely prolong the agony, but we are missing too many players who, for whatever reason, are missing when we really need them. No leaders, inexperienced manager. I think Leeds will win at Brentford. Burnley will beat Newcastle. We will get nothing at Arsenal. [Poor language removed] or bust versus Palace. I don't fancy us.

As disastrous as today felt, important to remember that all three teams are down there because they lose more than they win. Probability wise (and taking into account Leeds' GD) it is likely our current points total is already enough.

Twists and turns. We can always hope, but if you put a gun to my head on whether we stay up or not, I think I would have to say we will go now. We have had chances to get safe and we have managed to find spectacular ways to implode. Thursday will likely prolong the agony, but we are missing too many players who, for whatever reason, are missing when we really need them. No leaders, inexperienced manager. I think Leeds will win at Brentford. Burnley will beat Newcastle. We will get nothing at Arsenal. [Poor language removed] or bust versus Palace. I don't fancy us.
It's down to Leeds, not us.

If you were a betting man you wouldn't fancy their chances.

But they are fighting, so....

Nothing convinces me that Everton are capable of another point. The team is depleted and looks out cold.

Final day we wont get a thing at Arsenal and we'll be banking on Brentford.

Palace will spank us, IMO. They'll terrorize that defence of ours.
Thinking exactly the same, Zaha n Co will be ripping whatever the backline is a new one !! I firmly believe our points total now is what we'll finish with. Arsenal - see above !! Technically it's in our hands but for the reasons above it ain't. Hoping now that Leeds n Burnley implode.

Status
Not open for further replies.