Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more confidence of beating Palace than Brentford.

We have to bounce back, but it's doable ffs.

We were absolutely in full control today until Branthwaite got sent off. And I think Brentford are just about the same level as Palace.
I think we'll be much more cautious and less confident when it's one last chance to get a win.

Best we get there is a point. Maybe that's enough to seal Burnley's fate if they lose to Villa.

I do think we're more than likely hoping now that Brentford are right up for their last game with Leeds.

It's basically a dire situation but not hopeless.

Assuming Burnley don't win at villa, I'd be surprised if both win on the final day

Hopefully it won't come to that anyhow so not worth looking too much into yet
No, you're right. Anything could happen. For that reason, I will mentally distance myself after Thursday night. That, to me, is the last game of the season in terms of me emotionally involving myself. If we are not safe at that point, a little distance is necessary for mental health reasons. I can't complain. If we put ourselves into the margin of error, well, anything can happen.

A draw doesn't do much for us now. Have to go out for the win against palace. If we lose we lose just have to hope Brentford do us a favour. The way things are panning out I think we're in real trouble again. Messed up big time.
That's not true.

A draw would give us a 3 point cushion over Burnley if they get beat against Villa and they'll then have to beat Newcastle - the draw would be no good to them final day.

No, you're right. Anything could happen. For that reason, I will mentally distance myself after Thursday night. That, to me, is the last game of the season in terms of me emotionally involving myself. If we are not safe at that point, a little distance is necessary for mental health reasons. I can't complain. If we put ourselves into the margin of error, well, anything can happen.

Yeah fair enough, it was my daughters second birthday party today and I was just checking my phone must of the day. It's just annoying tbh, I don't want to waste another weekend of my life on it

I don't think it's even possible to be happy if we stay up by leeds and Burnley not winning on the final day.

I have more confidence of beating Palace than Brentford.

We have to bounce back, but it's doable ffs.

We were absolutely in full control today until Branthwaite got sent off. And I think Brentford are just about the same level as Palace.
I've got more confidence of us beating Arsenal than Palace after the other games against them this season (and I don't think we'll beat Arsenal)

Evening game at GP hope it goes in our favour.

It's in our hands when we know a win makes us safe, how is it not?

My concern is the psychological and physical toll that today takes and the sense of missed opportunity. And further atrocious refereeing decisions, that can also play on players minds.

My feeling is that it will be a tense draw and down to the final day.

But we are absolutely capable of winning the game and let's not say that we're down. We are still in charge of our destiny with a home fixture.

Understand what your saying, I’m knackered after that, hopefully we get a win on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.