Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody who insisted we were safe, though - this is on you.

The utter complacency has been ridiculous.

That's not to say everyone has to be negative. You can be positive. But some of the comments I've seen post-Watford were delusional.

We now have a very simple task, anyway. Beat Crystal Palace at home. Do that, we're a PL team for certain. Fail, and we are relying on others on the final day.
On the fans . Posting on a forum.
Ffs mate will u give your head a wobble and go for a walk

This is how I have it.

Leeds draw with Brighton - Check
We lose to Brentford - Check
Burnley lose to Spurs - Check

We draw with Palace
Burnley draw with Villa

Leeds beat Brentford
We lose to Arsenal
Burnley beat Newcastle

We go down by a point left ruing a missed opportunity against Watford C team

Everton that

An impressive start @johnjoeefc let's see how the rest play out...

I just can't see Leeds beating Brentford but you never know.

Watford was a missed opportunity. I tried to keep positive after that but look what's happened. And as for 10 men. Yes, the ref could have awarded us a pen etc.. But if you're going into the last few games with a lot riding on it, luck can send you down. We have had countless chances this season to get away from the relegation zone and we've constantly hovered above (and been in it) all season.

we can’t keep going on about watford

it’s about now mate

Anybody who insisted we were safe, though - this is on you.

The utter complacency has been ridiculous.

That's not to say everyone has to be negative. You can be positive. But some of the comments I've seen post-Watford were delusional.

We now have a very simple task, anyway. Beat Crystal Palace at home. Do that, we're a PL team for certain. Fail, and we are relying on others on the final day.
Toff, please come on. Results went out mostly our way over the past week, yet today we were undone by a number of issues - some are own, some not.

The atmosphere before the game was phenomenal and it was still wonderful till the red card; after that, it was still very positive until they took the lead.

Blaming the fans is crass.

Anything can happen on the last day. Teams have different motivations. If we are not safe by then, it's a toss-up what happens - but I'd sooner be at Brentford needing a win than at Arsenal looking for a result.

Assuming Burnley don't win at villa, I'd be surprised if both win on the final day

Hopefully it won't come to that anyhow so not worth looking too much into yet

Status
Not open for further replies.