Relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky moving the Brentford game to start after both Burnley and Leeds

They are DESPERATE for us to drop

Given the choice, every manager would prefer to know the task in hand (e.g. kick off later)

It's a big disadvantage to play second every week

Surely a massive advantage to play after Leeds and Burnley ?

We know exactly what we need to do, if a draw is good enough then hold it...if we need a win go for it.

id rather be in that position than not knowing whether a draw may be enough.

images.jpg

From the Watford forum - I've genuinely seen it all now

They'll have a decent chance of beating Newcastle at home. I reckon they've still got 6 points in them.
Newcastle players will be looking to stake their case knowing that the summer will bring big(ish) name incoming players. They are giving effort in every game as far as I can see and that makes them more or a threat there than S'ton and Wolves were.

Keep an eye on this situation with Abramovich and the Chelsea sale- it sounds like he has significantly moved the goalposts by asking his loan to be repaid. If that’s a condition of sale it’s hard to see the govt allowing money to go to a sanctioned Putin croney and the situation may get stuck- unless Roman backs down he could bring the whole thing down around him. Without the government’s approval they can’t keep going into next season and in that case the league rules state the 18th team stays up…

Yep. He went to Anfield a few months ago and was very competitive, moaned about favourable decisions they had, etc. And basically beating Liverpool and being a top manager is far more likely to get him the job of his dreams than fighting relegation every year.
Anyone who thinks he goes into any game wanting anything but a win, is deluded.
Players like him have a certain mentality, he will want to be a winner at Villa, nothing else will come into it.
Same as Lampard against Chelsea.

Keep an eye on this situation with Abramovich and the Chelsea sale- it sounds like he has significantly moved the goalposts by asking his loan to be repaid. If that’s a condition of sale it’s hard to see the govt allowing money to go to a sanctioned Putin croney and the situation may get stuck- unless Roman backs down he could bring the whole thing down around him. Without the government’s approval they can’t keep going into next season and in that case the league rules state the 18th team stays up…
This is not something I wish to cling too.

So Chelsea will be booted from the football league? I can't see that ever happening.

So Chelsea will be booted from the football league? I can't see that ever happening.
It’s not that far fetched, because it isn’t the league that will do it.

If Abramovich owned a corner shop it would’ve been shut down the day he was sanctioned. They are only operating on a special license from the government.

If Abramovich digs his heels in or scuppers the sale I don’t think the government can allow a Russian asset to start the new season, and if he moves the goalposts I don’t think they can agree to his terms and send 1.5 billion his way while sanctioned.

So Abramovich either accepts he is not going to see penny one from this, as he initially promised the government and the fans, or he burns it all to the ground. His call as far as I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.